Frontpage for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scenicroadways, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Scenicroadways macrumors regular

My brother in law wants a new compuer so naturally i am trying to make him get a Mac, but the only way he will get one is if he can use Microsoft frontpage on it (his school uses it which he teaches at). Anyone know if there is some kind of mac version? He is not gonna wanna use virtual PC im sure.

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

not sure if there is an osx version but I know for sure that there is an os9 version. it would run on osx in classic mode just fine I would imagine.

3. Scenicroadways thread starter macrumors regular

frontpage for mac

yea i found some hints that there is a verison 1.0, which seems really old and I cannot find it on Microsofts webpage. I wonder if that would even do ok.

4. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

What is he afraid of?

Why don't you show him Contribute 2. What is it with the fixation on Microsoft garbage.

Show him there is a better way of life. If he still wants Frontpage, then forget it. Maybe he deserves it.

5. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

exactly. there are many WYSIWYG apps for mac that would trump frontpage many times over. microsoft knows office/ business apps. when it comes to any creative app they don't know what the hell they are doing.

6. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I have seen countless people have their work screwed up by frontpage. use Dreamweaver if anything. Frontpage is the biggest bunch of bull$hit software out there.

7. Scenicroadways thread starter macrumors regular

frontpage

he knows frontpage sucks, but for some reason he says he needs it for the projects he does with his students, (the school must only use frontpage or something, or teach it to the students). I just really had him convinced to buy a Mac but now this came up. oh well

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, FrontPage is horrible but many schools are under some sort of total blackout by Microsoft and use the whole line of MS products for development. The school where I attend has such an agreement in the Computer Technology department, although the Graphics Technology department does not. However, those teaching web development tend to stay away from MS FrontPage extensions, so any web development you do outside of class may use the software of your choice.

9. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Well, m$ tosses millions a year at schools don't they? Whether it's to get the DOJ of their backs, or poison- uh, shape the future, I can't tell. :rolleyes:

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Sure, it's easy. In fact, if they consider your school a Microsoft Campus, they require the school to report how many Macs are involved, even if they don't run Microsoft software.

They were handing out free licences for MS development software. The school, however, won't sign an agreement with Sun. :mad: