Frontpage to OS X

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by rc86joey, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rc86joey macrumors newbie

I am making the switch from PC to Mac in a few weeks and while I was backing up my files it occurred to me that I won't be able to run Frontpage on OS X obviously. I run a website through frontpage and have for about 3 years now. Is there a program for OS X that will allow me to keep my webpage as is without re-building it and keep my Frontpage files but convert them? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

If all of your web files are in htm/html/php -- you should be able to save them as-is and open them in another editor like Dreamweaver.

FrontPage puts in garbage code once in a while so you may have to do a few little fixes.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

If you've used a lot of Frontpage extensions then you may well be up the creek a little. As the previous poster states, though, HTML pages along with things like PHP can be edited in virtually anything.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You shouldn't be using FrontPage in the first place.

Use Dreamweaver or GoLive instead for more compliant, non-proprietary code. Or learn to handcode it yourself.

5. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Or perhaps if you don't want to spend loads on Dreamweaver or Go Live, try iWeb (which you get free with new macs) or RapidWeaver.

6. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

What he /she said! FrontPage sucks.

7. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

let's go easy on 'em guys :) we're trying to find suggestions for conversion and something NEW. Everyone knows (now 1st poster included) that Frontpage is where evil begins.