Frontrow alternative program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by livingfortoday, Jun 4, 2006.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Has anyone used any other program that's like Frontrow in order to catalogue and play their media files? Frontrow is nice and all, but it's too simple for my large media library.

I'm looking for a program where I can insert little descriptions of each file as well as having DVD covers and little previews. Something with a smaller font so I can go through more files per page would be nice too.

I've tried Centerstage, as well as some other media program I forget the name to, but both really didn't seem to meet my needs. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

3. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Ah, that's the other one I tried! He he he... sorry, yeah, I really didn't like that one either.

Edit, I mean, I don't like Media Central cause it's exactly like Frontrow, only slightly crappier.

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

What about http://www.centerstageproject.com/ ? I used it a while ago when it was testing but just stopped following it after a while so I couldn't really tell you what it is like right now or how well it works. There was a good team working on it before though so I'm assuming it's pretty good.

5. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

I mentioned in the original post that I tried that, and I really didn't like it. It's slow for one, and just doesn't have a good UI. I dunno, personal taste, I suppose.

6. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Media Central is just a mass of problems that need to be fixed, and I believe people have reported that it deleted files from their computers. I'd stay away from it.

7. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

8. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

i've used that before... but quickly deleted it. imho, media central is your best alternative.

9. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Well, I guess I'm gonna give MediaCentral another shot, since iTheater can't see or play any of my files. It'll see iTunes Genres, but nothing else. Weird.

Thanks for all the links, everybody.