Frontrow movie location

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by djchristie, Dec 11, 2006.

1. djchristie macrumors member

djchristie

Is there any way I can get Frontrow to look to an external HD instead of my movie folder? I have a load of movies cluttering up my internal and would rather shift them all. Thanks!

2. glennp macrumors member

Use an alias. Either replace your Movies folder with an alias to the folder your movies are stored on the external drive (naming the alias Movies) or put an alias inside your current Movies directory.

3. Attonine macrumors 6502a

There are two things you can do.

One is make a movies folder in your external drive and make an alias of this in the movies folder in your home folder. When you access this through frontrow you select videos>movies>movies to open the external drive folder.

A second method is to make a movies folder in the external hard drive and drag this into itunes. This will populate the movies folder of itunes. This is slightly more efficient when accessing through frontrow: videos>movies. It also has the benefit of giving you an extra screen to play around with in itunes.

I use the itunes method, though both work fine.

I hope this helps

4. djchristie thread starter macrumors member

djchristie

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the info folks, will have a play later when I get home from work.

Thanks again.

Darren