FrontRow on MP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jopling, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jopling macrumors 6502

So I'm ordering my MacPro and I've heard that there is no inclusion of Front Row in the system. Steve did say however that FrontRow would be included in Leopard. Leopard is far away and I know that once before FrontRow was able to be put on MacMinis. Im posting this thread for possible solutions to getting FR on Mac Pros. I am really confused by Apple for not including it, we could have always used a bluetooth remote instead.

2. menziep macrumors 6502a

I dont have it but you could get some one to send you the .dmg frontrow file witch you can install (It should Work)

Hope this Helps.
    Menziep

3. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

search on Torrent sites for it, ( i hope i don't penalised for saying that) but it runs great on my Powermac G4

4. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

So there are no limitations? I remember previously that they had to rework frontrow to work on different macs.

5. projectle macrumors 6502

6. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

That's just an update. I don't think it will do anything if you don't have Front Row already installed.

And question:
    If I installed Front Row on my powerbook, would I be able to use my Razr as a bluetooth remote?

7. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Yes, with urm.. darn it, there's an App. that lets you customise your Phones keypad to work as a Remote - it didn't used to support the RAZR's but apparently it now it does. I'll find it now..

Edit: Salling Clicker.
    Edit 2: It works with my V3i with iTunes, the standard V3i, and the 3G V3x. I don't think the standard RAZR works - but you could try. Also, it does not work with Cingluar or T-Mobile branded handsets, and it might not work with other network-branded ones.

9. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

it will work on your powerbook, i have it on mine currently. ( and my powermac g5 )

but sadly. no, i have not been able to get my razr to work. the only phones i know of so far that will work as a remote are nokia and sony ericsson branded.

i could be mistaken, but last time i looked it didnt work.

i bought a keyspan IR remote and it works just fine for front row, its just not bluetooth ;)

i've been wanting to get a Palm TX for some time now, maybe i can use this as a reason to get one ( woo remote control! )

10. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Hmm I had tried that a while ago but couldn't get it to work with my V3c. Maybe I'll give it another go.

11. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Many other handsets are now also supported. The V3i is, and thats more-or-less a RAZR, with a few added features, as long as your RAZR isn't network branded, there's a good chance it will work.

And if not, you can search for drivers to install on Salling Clicker, that allow the RAZR to work - these are available as there was high demand for them when the RAZRs took off in the States.

12. projectle macrumors 6502

The link that was posted is the full version.

However, it will only work on a computer that Apple says that it can unless you sit back and do some significant hacking, or you can look to several sites that post auto-patchers that will make everything work.

I was just thinking that they would make the MacPro work with Frontrow, even if they could not put in the IR receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.