FrontRow with Bonjour - Video Podcasts very choppy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sigamy, Mar 9, 2006.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    I got the new FrontRow with Bonjour running on a G4 Cube. I am able to stream content from the iMac upstairs. TV shows purchased thru iTunes looked ok on a 32" TV but video podcasts were unwatchable--they kept stopping and starting.

Is this just the fact that the 450mhz G4 in the Cube can't decode the H.264 or MPEG4 used by the video podcasts? But wouldn't the iTunes TV shows be the same format?

The podcasts were dl.TV and diggnation.

Any clues?
  2. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2004
    Denton, TX
    it could be the fact that front row was not built to run on your machine, so there could be a few bugs. It also could just be a natural bug with the new feature. I dont have front row on my iBook nor do i know anyone who has it, but I'll ask around and see what i can find out for you. maybe try reinstalling it or restarting your compter and see if that does anything. Good luck.
  3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    It's probably the processor.

While purchased video is guaranteed to be 320x240, 768kbps (at most) h.264, podcasts could be higher resolution or bitrates, making them too much for that poor 450MHz to handle. (If you want to double check, try them in iTunes. If they play just fine in iTunes, but not in Front Row..... Well, then it's a Front Row issue, and since Front Row isn't even supposed to run on that machine, quit'cher whinin'! :-D )