Frozen 4G iPod: help very much appreciated

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Blue Velvet, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

4G iPod has frozen in an 'on' state... display showing start of track, can't hear disk spinning, scroll wheel and all buttons including lock unresponsive so can't turn it off, disk doesn't mount by Firewire in Finder or Disk Utility, nor does it activate iPod HiFi when docked...

:(

Thoughts?

Thanks
    BV

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

Yep. Display doesn't change when hold button is toggled and holding buttons does nothing.

It's almost as though the iPod is off with the display still on in a frozen state. It's been like that for the past 6 hours or so.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if the reset isn't working... you might have to wait until its drained to get it to reset. although i would try plugging it in and giving it a reset

5. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

The buttons don't work. Plugging it into anything doesn't work. :(

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ah see i can't remember if it was the 1st gen minis or the 4G iPods that has a reset function that would work when the unit was given power & button combo pressed, might have been the minis...

7. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

OK, it just sprang into life (i.e. had shut down) when I came back from making some coffee and glared at it. Honestly. :D

It must have been suffering after the night before but is now working properly, unlike me. :eek:

Thanks all.