Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solchitlins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
Michigan
Bought a 4g nano.

What am I doing wrong?
I use audiobook builder and that seems to put the tracts in the right order. But I end up with multiple copies of everything, twice on my itunes library and one on my hard drive.

But the most annoying thing is if I shake ipod and it goes into a music tract, or I skip a track by mistake. Then I have to fast forward/ rewind 15 seconds at a time through a long hour plus track?

How do I make it skip in 5 minute increments instead?

I'm really frustrated with this nano so far. My Sansa Clip was way better for audiobooks, on that I would just hold down the forward or rewind button and it would speed up and start going super fast till released.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Sounds like the non-Apple app doesn't delete the older files. Contact the app developer.

iPod are better. You just didn't look at the basics.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Bought a 4g nano.

What am I doing wrong?
I use audiobook builder and that seems to put the tracts in the right order. But I end up with multiple copies of everything, twice on my itunes library and one on my hard drive.

Audiobook builder does this. There's possibly a way to turn it off in preferences but I've never looked for it (I keep the original files for long enough for them to be backed up then delete them manually)

But the most annoying thing is if I shake ipod and it goes into a music tract, or I skip a track by mistake. Then I have to fast forward/ rewind 15 seconds at a time through a long hour plus track?

How do I make it skip in 5 minute increments instead?

Turn hold on, then shaking your ipod or hitting the skip button won't cause you any trouble.

Also when the audiobook's playing hit the centre (select) button, it'll give you the volume, hit it again and a small dot will appear in the time line, move your thumb around the clickwheel like you do when changing the volume. This will allow you to navigate through the track to wherever you want - 5 minutes, 18 minutes, 42 seconds. You get the idea.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
if the application puts the stuff in the trash bin and doesn't empty the trash bin then there are difficulties. make sure the trash bin is emptied while the device is plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.