Frustrated with retailers about the Wii...

Discussion in 'Games' started by spencecb, Nov 21, 2006.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I had to work the nite of the official launch (I work in a restaurant, so I couldn't make it to Wal-Mart by midnite), so I missed out on the initial shipments of the Wii.

Now I am frustrated, because my local Wal-Mart is saying they will not receive anymore until Spring. And I know that can't be true. I called a Meijer store that isn't too far from me, and they said they would be receiving a large shipment before Christmas.

Does anyone know any more information from Nintendo about their supplies? They are obviously better prepared for their launch then Sony, so I am assuming that I would be able to get one in a couple more weeks at the most? Any ideas?

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

You should have no problem picking one up before Christmas. I'm not exactly sure when the next shipments will arrive, but there ought to be 4+ million units (some say closer to 6m) worldwide by the end of the year.

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

That is what I thought. Nintendo seems amply prepared for this launch, whereas Sony has bit the dust. Good for Ninendo.

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

If Nintendo keeps their word, they'll be air freighting new shipments weekly until Christmas. After that the shipments will slow, but they'll be in greater numbers.

I'd start calling every week to see what they say. Or maybe ask when they typically receive new product shipments, since many stores only do that one day a week. Be there on that day.

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I read somewhere that there would be more in stock for "black Friday". Can't remember where I saw that, but I think it was specifically references Best Buy - but if they are getting some then everyone will. There should be something like 100-200k being shipped per week up to the end of the year.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Thousands of people bought them but didn't like them enough to keep them, if you go by the eBay sales. :p

Can't complain about the retailers not having them or expecting them for the store shelves, they wil get them when they get them. After a bunch of people in line ahead of you, that may already be on the list, get theirs.

7. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

It was from ME!. But yea BB said they should have some by black friday, and call your local gamestops.

8. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

9. mkaake macrumors 65816

I was at an EB games last night that didn't even have a Wii kiosk, so I asked when they were getting one in. They said that the next shipment they were getting was going to arive right before Black Friday, so if they were going to get one, it would be in that shipment.

Store manager, but take it for what it's worth.

10. kjr39 macrumors 6502

I miss shopping at Meijer's.

What a great store.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im sure there would be more if some people didn't try to turn a profit and just left them on the shelves for people that want to actually play the game. It is a concept that seems to be lost on some, even a few in this forum that would rather sell them for prices way beyond market. Stuff like this really gets in my craw.

12. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I was told by every GameStop and EB Games in my area that they will have some available Friday morning, but they all said to get there really early if I wanted to snag one. I don't think I want one that bad. ;)

But, yeah, there should be another shipment for this Friday. And who knows, maybe some good bundle deals to go along with it.

13. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I highly doubt it. They'll sell for full retail and the stores know it. Only a fool wouldn't take full advantage of the demand.

14. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

The 'second' shipment already hit on Monday in some stores. My GF got her Wii from EB on the 20th without a pre-order.

15. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I don't. Wal-Mart has already had bundle deals with it, so has CompUSA. I'm sure there will be more bundles, there always is.