Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infecti0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
I am in the process of making a ring tone and I have cut my audio track down to how I like it. When I attempt to export my "song" (my sample is only 6.8 secs long) GarageBand will add silence to the mp3 to make it a length of 10 secs.! What the hell is going on???

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
Are you using any effects?

If, for example, you have reverb on, the export will be longer so as to include the reverb's tail.

But that's probably not it. You'd hear the reverb. Anyway, I just tried it myself, and with songs 1 sec, 2 sec, etc. up to 6 sec, GarageBand always added 4-5 seconds.

That is kinda frustrating. You could chop the mp3 in another audio editor. There are probably some threads on macrumors concerning good freeware/shareware programs that could do this. good luck.

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
First, make sure that the purple end of song marker is set so that it is actually at the end of the song (just drag it over if it isn't there), then try and export. If that doesn't work (it should) then set the song to repeat and drag the yellow position marker from the beginning to the end of the song. Then export.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.