Frustrating GarageBand Issue!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by infecti0n, Aug 25, 2006.

1. infecti0n macrumors newbie

I am in the process of making a ring tone and I have cut my audio track down to how I like it. When I attempt to export my "song" (my sample is only 6.8 secs long) GarageBand will add silence to the mp3 to make it a length of 10 secs.! What the hell is going on???

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Are you using any effects?

If, for example, you have reverb on, the export will be longer so as to include the reverb's tail.

But that's probably not it. You'd hear the reverb. Anyway, I just tried it myself, and with songs 1 sec, 2 sec, etc. up to 6 sec, GarageBand always added 4-5 seconds.

That is kinda frustrating. You could chop the mp3 in another audio editor. There are probably some threads on macrumors concerning good freeware/shareware programs that could do this. good luck.

3. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

First, make sure that the purple end of song marker is set so that it is actually at the end of the song (just drag it over if it isn't there), then try and export. If that doesn't work (it should) then set the song to repeat and drag the yellow position marker from the beginning to the end of the song. Then export.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    For Ringtones

Just use iTunes, no need for Garageband.

Find the song you want, get info>options

change the start and stop times.

Advanced>convert selection to MP3

drag to desktop>put on phone...go nuts.