Frustration with iPod Touch and 5 computer limits

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stefannoz, Nov 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Recently purchase a new 64GB itouch,thinking would be breeze to install music, and synch with my computers.
    So far have had to reinstall OS6, spent about 6 hours talking to the mac support people trying to de authorise computers, told have to wait 6 months to rectify problem XX!!!@@### because I authorized computers.
    What is the matter with the people, I have about 6+ devises and want to access my music.
    Mac rules are out of keeping with peoples use of computers, and lifestyle loss of computers. Then after all this told I could send an email to explain the failing of their system so help apple rectify their problem.
    :(:confused::mad:
    I want a refund.
    This product is more problem than it worth.
    2/10 for user friendliness.

2. macrumors 601

Plutonius

All IOS devices (Touch, iPhone, iPad) have always had a 5 computer limit. You should be able to get a refund if you are within the return window.

3. macrumors regular

Just contact iTunes support and they manually deauthorize all of your computers

4. macrumors regular

I agree with Plutonius. It isn't a ipt5 issue, but moreso what Apple allows with their iTunes. I believe the new Samsung Galaxy Tab is pretty user friendly if you're looking for a comparable device.

J

5. macrumors 6502

You can authorize up to 5 computers for use with a single iTunes account. You can de-authorize each computer individually from within iTunes, or de-authorize them all once a year from your iTunes account. I'm not aware of any limit as to how many devices you can register with a given iTunes account.

6. macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Maybe you should try and explain the problem in more detail, because what you are describing shouldn't be as difficult as you are making it out to be.

The 5 computer limit only applies to PCs or Macs. Not iOS devices. You can sync unlimited devices to an iTunes library.

7. macrumors member

Poland, Warsaw and Masurian Lake District
    This is not true if you want to keep automatic sync of purchases. I believe it is up to 10 devices.

8. macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I think that only applies to iTunes Match.

9. macrumors member

Not really iTunes Match, but rather an iTunes in the Cloud limit (including apps etc.)

10. macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Okay. Regardless, I was commenting on direct syncing with an iTunes library (Wired sync or iTunes Wifi Sync).

11. macrumors member

You are right. Sorry, I went too far from the main topic.

12. macrumors 65816

thedeejay

As someone stated earlier, there is a limit of 5 devices, but that can be reset from iTunes. Use google, it's your friend. If you're still not happy then return it. Simple