Fry eating cat?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheDance511, Mar 6, 2007.

1. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

Okay just like the title..my cat LOVES to eat french frys...my room mate brought home some food from a local place here...and we opened the box with the food and it was like a 2 pound burger..(my room mate is a monster)..way too much for me so i jsut had some fries..so i was sitting in my chair eating my fries and my cat jumps up and im like oh cool...then she sticks her head on my plate and starts eating my fries...there were some more fries up on the stove...and she went up there and ate them all EVERY last one....she is a good cat.but now she is in the our pantry..(however you spell that) and she is like flippin out knocking cans over and what not.. i don't think there is anything wrong with her...and i love my cat...are fries bad for cats.. i mean they are bad for people really but i mean like really bad... i love my cat and i didnt mean for her to eat 2 servings of fries..but you know.. any stories like mine any similar plz share?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Our first cat loved canned corn.

Specifically Green Giant brand "Niblets" corn. No more no less. He wouldn't go for the generic stuff or fresh corn, but Niblets were like catnip for him. He'd jump up on the kitchen counter purring loudly if we were opening a can just to see if it was his favorite.

B

3. nitynate macrumors 6502a

First off, proper use of commas and spelling would help us read your post more efficiently. Second, from what I could gather, greasy fast food is not good for any living being, be it a cat or a human.

But yeah, my Leo baby loves to eat tuna.
    Whenever he hears the can opener he is up on the counter waiting for his fix. :p

4. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

5. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

Our cats eat anything that holds still. Or that wiggles and squeaks.

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Thing is, the cat is probably going for the lard or oil or tallow that the fries were fried in - or butter on the bread. Have no idea what intoxicants are in Green Giant corn... except that cats can get addicted to the 'mouth feel' of a food.

Cats can't digest vegetables, so the potatoes (corn, bread, and all the rice, carrots and fillers that the cat food companies put in the can) are gonna just poo right out without giving the cat much (if anything) in the way of nutrition.

8. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roughage

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

"Obligate carnivores

An obligate or true carnivore is an animal that subsists on a diet consisting only of meat. They may consume other products presented to them, especially animal products like cheese and bone marrow or sweet sugary substances like honey and syrup but, as these items are not essential they do not consume these on a regular basis. True carnivores lack the physiology required for the efficient digestion of vegetable matter and, in fact, some carnivorous mammals eat vegetation specifically as an emetic."

= Cat

10. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

My cat is a vegetarian, you insensitive clod!

11. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Please tell me you are kidding....

I had neighbours once who tried to raise their cat vegan like themselves.
    poor thing the vet took it away when it was too weak and sick to do anything.
    They now have a baby which did not get breast milk because its not vegan - idiots.

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

My clod is a vegetable. Don't you be catty.

13. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I was going to raise her as a vegan but she found the little plastic shoes terribly uncomfortable.

The claws are out!

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

WHAT

THE

15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

While I can see where they're coming from (humans are animals), that's a step too far. I mean, the woman who is breastfeeding WANTS to, it's not like how we force-milk cows.

16. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Yeah they are pretty messed up people

the kid is nearly two now and has "developmental difficulties" , maybe because he is not getting enough nutrition and especially the fat needed to develop the brain.

the cat once it got taken from the people by the vet at the SPCA , got better awhen fed on real meat food and adopted by couple that feed it a raw food diet and is very very happy but not quite normal sized. I know them because they are my boss' friends.

My cat likes to eat bananas, chocolate covered expresso beans, mozza cheese, butter, cooked baby carrots, avocados, watermelon, and BBQ chips

17. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

can't speak for cats but my Westie love carrots and cheese.

She will eat almost anything except for greens but carrots she just loves.

If there is one sure way to get her to do something it is to ask her if she wants a carrot. Then there is no doubt that she will be more then happy to oblige. I trained her for showing at fair using carrots!!

18. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Ima bit dyslexic and and read "Try eating cat?" just felt like sharing that.
    i gave my cat some roast beef and It went crazy for a day or two but went back to normal, well normal for it.

19. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Had an Italian friend who swore they tasted just like rabbit (not chicken for once), and that feral cats were a good substitute when rabbit wasn't available.

It was at that point that I finally understood why the French leave the ears on their meat bunnies in the supermarkets....

B

20. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I had a cat that loved marshmallows and popcorn.

My dog eats practically anything, but has developed a taste for oatmeal. And he loves Oreos. My dad always gives the dog half an Oreo every time he eats them...it's their little tradition.

21. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

All cats need meat in their diet

FJ

22. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yeah, dogs and bears are omnivores while cats are obligate carnivores

23. bartelby macrumors Core

Just some advice:
    A more comprehensive list here.

Veggie Cats?

24. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

My cats will tear open bags of bread and eat the entire corner off a loaf.

Same with doritos.

25. weckart macrumors 68040

Our dog loved grapes. They were his treat of an evening. Then one day when he was about 9 or 10, he decided he didn't like them any more. He developed tumors and had to be put down, but they didn't seem to affect his kidneys as far as I could tell.

Strange that foods that are good for humans (onions/garlic) are toxic for pets. Who knew?