Fry's Electronics deals

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iPhil, Sep 22, 2006.

1. iPhil macrumors 68040

San Diego county deals @ Fry's for this weekend only..(thru tuesday night)

plu# 4947231 -- 17" lcd for $120 after $70 mail in rebate :eek: :eek:

plu# 4596287 -- Seatgate retail harddrive kit 400GB ata/100

16MB buffer all for $110.00 no rebate :eek: :cool: :D

Finally a Seagate 750GB Hdd retail kit for $299 (IDE--plu#4882780) and $309 (Sata--plu#4924331) and on the 750 GB deal is no rebate required on both to get those prices :D :D :cool:
  2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Awesome deal on that 400GB... I might have to pick one up and throw it in an enclosure for some mega-backup purposes, although it is only ATA/100... maybe I'll have to go for the 750GB SATA :eek:
  3. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

#3 is different part of Fry's Electronics and the prices are different from the stores and the website doesn't carry what the retail stores does and the stores don't carry the same items as the website.. :eek: :eek:
  4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    I can't stand Fry's. I wont buy from them unless i have to. I have had too many bad experiences with them. If you buy from them make sure it doesnt have a white label on the item, that means its been previously returned by a customer.

I once had a bad motherboard, they tested it, couldnt get it to work, gave me a refund reciept and slapped a white label on it and placed it on the rack that said "restock to floor". Horrible customer service, and even worse quality management. Buyer beware i guess :)

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

Jun 14, 2006
    San Fran
    I actually really like Frys-but ONLY for their prices and selection. I always tell people that if you are going to frys, go knowing exactally what it is you want-i agree that they are the most incompotent and stupid Customer Service Reps anywhere-they know nothing about any of their products or what they have-the times I have asked them I get awaful answers. I have essentiailly stopped buying hardware there-i only buy games, software and movies and blank media.