FS 20" iMac g4 RARELY used

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by Tommyg117, Dec 27, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Hello! I have a 20" iMac that my dad bought last year. He did not like it (he's a PC guy, I know, I tried to convince him!) and gave it to me. I have a powerbook and am at college for most of the year, so I don't even use the computer. It is pretty much never been used. Its 1.25ghz, 256 mb RAM, Superdrive, Airport Extreme card with an 80 gb hard drive. My question is, what would be an appropriate amount to sell this for if I live in the philadelphia area? and also how do I erase the little amount of material on the computer such as user accounts so that whoever gets the computer will have the chance to make their own accounts etc? I want to clear it! Let me know about any offers or anything etc.

Tom
    email:thomaswgood@gmail.com

2. macrumors 65816

doucy2

trades i would love this machine :)

3. macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I'm very interested, would you take a partial trade+cash?

4. TMA
    macrumors 6502a

TMA

My advice on selling this iMac is that they are almost classed as collectable (due to their form factor) and so you shouldn't let it go too easily.

5. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

im interested... whats your asking price?

6. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I dunno, I have had prices as high as like 800 or 850, I don't know! How much would this cost to ship in its original box?

7. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You asked about how to erase data. What you should do is boot off the system install disc that came with it, and then use it to erase the disk and re-install the default software. :) It's not at all hard.

8. macrumors 68000

skoker

Sent you an email, waiting for an answer.

9. macrumors 65816

doucy2

to shipe probally around $30

because i can ship havy powermacs for $40

IM me doucy2
    or e-mail me i have tons of stuff and cash

10. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

11. macrumors newbie

SteveS

email sent:D I am local :eek: