FS: 500GB/250GB LaCie d2 drives, MS Office Standard, Apple Store shirts, and MORE

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by MovieCutter, Jul 14, 2006.

1. macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Time to get rid of some stuff...and consolidate some external drives. As you can see from the pic below, I have a LOT of hard drive space, approximately 4+TB worth. With the addition of my two TB drives and two more on the way, I'm finding my smaller drives more and more useless. Email me at moviecutter (atnospam) mac (dotdefinitelynospam) com or PM me for questions, comments, queries, concers, or just to buy $#!&.

[​IMG]

Item #001
    500GB LaCie d2 drive. A little over a year old, functioning beautifully. Has (1) Firewire 400 and (2) Firewire 800 ports. Comes with stand, cables, and power supply. SOLD

Item #002
    500GB LaCie d2 drive. A little over a year old, functioning beautifully. Has (1) Firewire 400 and (2) Firewire 800 ports. Comes with stand, cables, and power supply. SOLD

Item #003
    500GB LaCie d2 drive. A little over a year old, functioning beautifully. Has (1) Firewire 400 and (2) Firewire 800 ports and (1) USB port. Comes with stand, cables, and power supply. NO LONGER AVAILABLE

NOTE: I am only selling two of these, which two, I don't care, but whatever two go first, I'm keeping the last one.

Item #004
    250GB LaCie d2 drive. A little over a year old, functioning beautifully. Has (1) Firewire 400 and (2) Firewire 800 ports. Comes with stand, cables, and power supply. $150 shipped obo

Item #005
    250GB LaCie d2 drive. A little over a year old, functioning beautifully. Has (1) Firewire 400 and (2) Firewire 800 ports. Comes with stand, cables, and power supply. $150 shipped obo

Item#006
    Microsoft Office for Mac, Standard Edition. DVD case only. Forgot I had it lying around. Company bought me a copy of Office and have been installing that lately on my new Intel Macs. SOLD

And a plethora of other stuff.

Pics of OTHER STUFF here

All prices below are OBO, any offers must cover shipping at a minimum. I just want to get rid of this stuff. First come, first served, or best offer, no dibs, etc. Paypal accepted and that's about it. Thanks!

iPod Banners SOLD

Apple Store Shirts:
    READ INDIVIDUAL DESCRIPTION-
    1) Size: XL/Condition: never worn, Brenthaven t shirt, says "mac groupie" with Brenthaven logo on back
    2) (SOLD) Size: XL/Condition: sealed. Student Union green t shirt.
    3) Size: 2XL/Condition: sealed. Tiger t shirt, World Clock dashboard widget theme.
    4) Size: XL/Condition: lightly worn. Student Union green t shirt.
    5) Size: XL/Condition: lightly worn. "Read, Write and Rock N' Roll" blue t shirt.
    6) (SOLD) Size: XL/Condition: lightly worn. "The gift all others will be exchanged for" holiday red t shirt.\
    7) Size: children S/Condition: very lightly worn. Camp 2005? child's t-shirt
    8) Size: children L/Condition: very lightly worn. Camp 2005? child's t-shirt
    9) Size: XL/Condition: lightly worn. "Give" Holiday 2004 t shirt.
    10) Size: XL/Condition: lightly worn. Student Union green t shirt.
    11) Size: 3XL/Condition: worn, scratch on Apple logo (adds character) Standard Apple logo shirt.
    12) Size: children S/Condition: very lightly worn. Camp 2005? child's t-shirt

All "worn" shirts will be washed prior to shipping regardless of their condition. <b>$15 shipped/shirt<b/>

I also have some various PC parts. Among them are:

-MS Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick-make an offer
    -Audigy soundcard-make offer
    -VGA card (not sure of the make or model)-make an offer
    -Promise ATA controll (PCI)-SOLD
    -DVD-ROM drive, should work, not testing it-make and offer
    -Vortex 2 3d soundcard-make an offer
    -Something random...Chronicles of Riddick messenger back given to my buddy who's a movie critic at the Riddick junket. -$15 shipped.

2. macrumors 6502a

Does the ATA controller work with Mac OS X?

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I have no idea. It was in my PIII Micron for the longest time. I doubt it. Unless someone wants to do some research. The info is in the pic.

4. macrumors 6502

magid

I think I am going to take one of the 500gb drives. Can you pm me with some more info on them.

5. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

What more info do you want?

6. macrumors regular

Does apple care that these shirts are for sale? And how do you get the banners?

7. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'm interested in the PCI controller card for my P4 box, as an upgrade from the Ultra66 card in it. (I use it to hook up an extra 4 HDs)

You take MOs?

8. macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

are any of the 250 gig hard drives have usb 2.0?

9. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Apple doesn't care that these shirts are for sale. The banners were given to me by a friend of mine who didn't have a need for them.

Sure

Nope, or I would have said so. One of them is a 200GB that I can sell. FW400/800 and USB 2.0 port. $125.

10. macrumors 6502

magid

Are they the Lacie bigdisks where two drives are set up in a raid array or are they just in the D2 lacie case where its one drive? If you happen to have one that justs one drive I would take that one.

11. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

The 500GBs are 2 drives. I don't know that LaCie sells a 1-drive 500GB.

12. macrumors 68040

XIII

So inside the 500GB LaCie are 2 250GB drives? Does it appear as 1 drive on the desktop? Or two? Can it be RAID configured? Thanks.

13. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

It appears as 1 drive on the desktop. I don't know if it can be RAID configured.

14. macrumors regular

Will the PC133 RAm work in an iMac G3 500? Also do you have a pic of the 2XL Tiger T-Shirt?

15. macrumors 6502

magid

I will take the 500gb drive with the usb two. Please send an invoice to zamnwo@hotmail.com

16. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I have a deal pending on both 500GB drives. I'll let you know if it falls through.

17. macrumors 6502

magid

Didnt I say I was interested in the first post?

18. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

You did, but I have someone who said they would buy two. Interest and stating intent to buy are different things. Payment is on the way. I will let you know if it falls through.

I don't know if they will work in an iMac G3. DOes the iMac G3 have two of those notches like the RAM has? There is a link in the original post to pics to the tshirts.

19. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

10 shipped sound good for the card? :)

20. Guest

The 500gb ones look like they have multiple drives in them (look at the depth compared to the 250gb)

How do you like these? I have a lacie lightscribe drive and I love it. I am considering lacie hard drives soon (sorry cant buy them from you right now) because I really need more space, and so I can have a completely separate backup drive. I have heard they automatically turn off when you disconnect them from the computer, is this true? Also, do they go to sleep at all when they are connected to the computer, my maxtor drive goes to sleep when connected, and it drives me nuts because I have to wait for it to spin up when accessing files.

Thanks!

21. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Sounds fine to me. EMail me and we'll work it out.

I like them, they do turn off when you disconnect them and they also go to sleep after a while and need to spin up to be accessed. This is common with many external drives.

22. macrumors 6502

magid

Are the drives still available?

23. thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

No, the 500GB drives are sold/unavailable as it says in the thread. The 250GBs are still available.

24. macrumors 6502a

ieani

are the lacie 250GB HDDs still available and is the the price the same?

25. Moderator emeritus

devilot

The children sized shirts, are they the orangey color?