FS: Apple Pro Speakers

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by believo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

believo

I recently upgraded computers and I'm selling my Apple Pro Speakers. They're are no major scratches, marks, etc. I'll ship them in their original box. I'd sell them on eBay, but I figured I'd post them here for a week first.

I have a 100% positive feedback on eBay, under the name Believo82. The speakers are designed to work by themselves with the powerMac G4 but can also work with any other system, if you buy an adapter. Here is Apple's description. I'm selling them for $30 + $5 shipping to continental US.

email: dwagner982@adelphia.net

2. macrumors 6502a

debroglie

Just to let others know, I believe that these speakers only work with powermac G4s and Cubes that have the proprietory apple mini-jack. The adapter can be found here (Griffin iFire) to make them work with other macs.

3. macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I wish I had pro speakers, and a pro speaker compatible machine. Those speakers sound and look great.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

believo

I've now listed this item on eBay. If you're interested please bid here. Thanks!

5. macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Just to clarify....these speakers won't work on my 12" PB without the iFire adaptor, correct??

6. macrumors 604

iJon

Correct. I don't think the speakers are worth it anyways. They sound okay but through some bass into the mix and they suffer. I think the money is better spent towards some Creature speakers or just some simple Altec's or Logitech's.

jon

7. thread starter macrumors regular

believo

yes, this is correct.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

believo

haha, I disagree. I think the speakers are well worth the $5 that they are currently bid out as. I paid $60 for them new and I'm only selling them because I upgraded computers. They're no subwoofers, but they're definitely loud and handle bass well for their size.