1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

FS: B&W parts, CPU Upgrade ect ect

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by SmurfBoxMasta, Dec 25, 2005.

1. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

#1: A motherboard from a revision 2 Blue & White G3 tower. It is in perfect working order and ready to install components onto. It's onboard connectors support 2x ATA Hard drives, 1 optical drive, 1 Zip drive, 4 pci cards (w/1 dedicated for Video), and 4x 256mb of PC100/133 SDRAM. Built-in ports include 1x- 10/100 Ethernet, 1x- 56k modem, 2x USB & 2x Firewire ports, 1x ADB, 1 sound in & 1 sound out. It has been disassembled and thoroughly cleaned with the utmost care.

This rev 2motherboard has the new ATA controller chip that allows for 2 hard drives to be used without data corruption or transfer problems. See here http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/G3-ZONE/y...wfeatures.html for more details

It does NOT include a CPU, heatsink, Video Card, Ram or any other components. Although not pictured, the Firewire & internal modem modules ARE included, I only removed them for better photo clarity.

See it here:
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9521/mobotop18ec.jpg

Price: $45.00/OBO

#5: 200watt Power Supply unit from a B&W tower. Works great but no longer needed.
    See it here: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/626/bwpsuback0hq.jpg
    Price: $15.00/OBO

$50.00 shipped for both :)

Please PM me or post back here if interested

edited to add/delete items :)

2. macrumors 65816

doucy2

good man here
    buy his stufff
    :)
    good luck selling

3. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

edited to add/delete items :)

4. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

bumpr 4 price drops :)

5. macrumors 6502a

I will buy the case. I get back home on the 30th, and will PayPal you the money then. Please PM me with a PayPal address. Thanks.

6. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Do I need any special software for that OWC G4? I have a PowerMac G3 350 there and I'd like some more power for watching video. AltiVec helps so much for watching video.

How'd you paint that case too? I'd like to do that myself. :D

7. macrumors 68000

dsharits

All you have to do is apply a firmware patch that allows the logic board to use a G4 processor, and you'll be good to go. :)

8. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Damn, all that I have is 10.4 on it. Will it work in 10.4 or do I need 9.2.2? I can get ahold of it.

I don't want to lose my 10.4 either!

9. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

The G4 card has already been sold. But no, you dont need any special software to run one, however, if installing into a B&W G3, you must first patch the Firmware, using an OS 9-based patcher on OWC's site.

As for the paint job, I disassembled all the parts, cleaned & dryed them, then painted them on the INSIDE surfaces with Valspar Gloss enamel, Royal Blue #08316 (yea the $7/can stuff) (that was 3+ years ago) Still have 1/2 can left! I masked off the "G3" under the plastic side panel and used the same paint for it too.....

For the Apple inserts, handle screws, and the buttons, I used a Gloss White Porcelean Repair paint sold at Lowes/Depot for touching up steel/cast iron bathtubs & sinks :)

10. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Oh well thanks anyways. I'm trying to convert my brother to the Mac. He's really into analog to video capturing. I loaned him my spare Power Mac G3 B&W just to try out Tiger and web browse. He has the virus ridden POS Compaq Pentium II for web browsing. It's SO slow. The Power Mac is faster than it. :eek:

11. macrumors 68000

dsharits

Yeah, you'd need 9.2.2 installed to apply the patch, so you'll either have to temporarily install it on your main hard drive or install it on another partition or hard drive. As long as you can boot into 9.2.2 without a cd and run the fw updater, it will work fine.

12. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

PII POS Compcrak.....like eewwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're workin on him to convert :)
    Keep up the good work, and if you do paint your case, please post pics for us to see ..........

13. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I was thinking about a red color scheme for mine. It makes sense since its name is Yagami. :cool:

14. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

YGPM :)

15. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

that would be s w e e t ! :rolleyes:
    needs pics 4 sure......

16. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

updated list, several items sold :)

17. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

How much for the board without the RAM? Dont have much use for the RAM, but would like the board for my PMG4 Yikes to take it back to Rev2. (Was bought on eBay with a bad logic board)

18. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

YGPM :p

19. macrumors 6502a

Bought the case! I'll leave some feedback here when it arrives. :)

20. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

shipping out tommorrow by UPS :)

Thanks for the business !

21. macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

removed sold items, reduced prices on remaining 2 items :)

22. macrumors newbie

Power Supply

Do you still have the power supply for sale?

23. macrumors 68020

bobber205

Zombie Thread ATTACK! :eek:

24. macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

WOW is this thread old.....

25. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I have a few of these power supplies floating around.