FS/Feeler: Columbia, MD Grand Opening T-shirt

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by MattyMac, Oct 12, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I have a brand new sealed in the box Columbia, Maryland Apple Store T-shirt from the Sept. 23rd grand opening, that I would consider selling or trading. Like all other shirts, it is presumabely XL and is black with that apple logo and the workd 'Columbia' on it.

Edit: I think I may keep this for my collection, unless I get a good offer. Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I live in Columbia, MD. Do you work at the mac store at the mall? I'm not interested in the shirt, just curious to see someone from my area.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nope I don't work there....the first 1000 customers on Opening Day of the Columbia Apple Store got a free shirt! I'm surprised you didn't go...most of us here at macrumors love going to those events especially if they are that close....as in your case.

4. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

hey, just out of curiousity.. how do you know ahead of time about grand openings? you seem to go to all of 'em!

5. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

*cries*

I wish it was bigger.

I didnt get to attend the Grand Opening because I had to go to a mandatory meeting at my work. ><

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

There is an awesome site I always go to...it is ifoapplestore.com

The IFO stands for "In Front Of"

Otherwise, when they are in my area, or around my zip code Apple usually sends me an email...maybe because I am a dot mac member??

Sorry, it is only an XL, and about the meeting...what a bummer.

7. macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Right now I go to St. Mary's College of Maryland so it's a two hour drive to go home. Over the summer I knew they were building the store and only recently did I get to go see it. It's kind of bland compared to the one in Towson, but having a store so close to home is amazing.

8. macrumors 68020

I go to College Park and I came home just to go to that store opening :D

9. macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

College park is like 25 minutes away though. St. Mary's is about 2 hours with very little traffic. Either way, I don't think I would drive home to get a free t-shirt. An ipod on the other hand is very different ;)

10. thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah but whatever the distance...Apple Openings are definitely worth the drive...as long as it's not toooooooo far.

Anyway...back to the sale, anyone interested?

11. macrumors 68020

Willis

How much?

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I would probably let it go for around 40$.

13. macrumors 68000

pianoman

nope. i am not a dot mac member but i got an e-mail about the Columbia re-opening. i'm from silver spring, so it probably has to do with the zip code you used when you registered your Apple product.