FS/FT machine M6805 laptop + extras

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by linky, Nov 8, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2004

Hello all, it looks like it is time for me to move on and up once again, this time I will be selling my Emachine M6805 laptop – This is a fantastic machine and is extremely powerfull, it is around 6 months old (I will get the exact DOP once I find the receipt) and has had no problems of any sort, it is in great condition and I will be posting pictures in the next few days. – This laptop is still under the manufactures warranty and I have perched a 3 year extended warranty on it through emachine, this warranty will transfer over to you - as always i have held onto the box, book, and original sales slip for you :)

I have upgraded a few things in this laptop but they do not void the warranty (conformed with emachines)

The hard drive has been upgraded to a 60gig 7200RPM 8meg cache Hitachi drive (200$ value)

The integrated 80211.g card has been replaced with a linksys 80211.g (This was done for better linux compatibility) I will however include the original braudcom card if requested

This rest of the laptop specs are as follows

• AMD Athlon 64-bit 3000+ Mobile Processor (Compatible with 32 & 64-bit Applications)
    • 1600MHz Hyperbus Technology w/ 1MB L2 Cache
    • Windows XP Home Edition (with recovery cd’s of corse)
    • 15.4" WXGA TFT LCD Color Screen (1280 x 800 Maximum Resolution)
    • 512 Megabytes (MB) of PC2700 DDR RAM
    • 60 Gigabyte Hard Drive (upgraded from 4200rpm 2meg to 7200 8meg)
    • DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive; 24x24x24 (CD-RW) - 8x (DVD)
    • ATI RADEON 9600 Discrete Graphics with 64MB Video RAM (OC’s to 430/230 with absolutely no problems)
    • Onboard 56k Modem & 10/100 Ethernet Port
    • Integrated 802.11g High Speed Wi-Fi Wireless Ethernet (upgraded to linksys 80211.g)
    • Ports: 4 USB 2.0; IEEE 1394; S-Video; Type I/II PC Card Slot
    • Touchpad Mouse Interface
    • 8-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (still holds a full 2.5-3 hour charge)
    • 7.5lbs; 1.6"h x 14.0"w x 10.4"d

I am currently asking 1,100$ for this system (shipped) – if I can sell it at this price I will also be including my Targus laptop bag (60$ new) as well as a Toshiba USB floppy drive – I am not looking for any trades right now unless you have one of the new model ibook/powerbooks that you want to get rid of =)

Again, this system comes with a new (much faster) hard drive, an extended warranty, upgraded wifi card, USB floppy drive

Please feel free to post any questions/comments/critiques here or in PM, I can also be reached at dslonaker@dtcnj.com – my heatware is proudly displayed under the name linky linky

2. macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2004
  3. macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    linky - you are my hero because you got an AMD 64-bit laptop. I mean yeah macs are better of course, but if its a PC then AMD is the ONLY way to go. I'm so proud of you. *wipes a tear* LOL. $1,100? Does it include Manuals and ...???? did it come with CDS?
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2004
    heya. evilicey: the screen is in perfect condition, no bad pixels, no scratches.. i baby this thing, same is true for the battery, I’ve never kept it plugged in for prolonged periods of time nor have i let it develop any sort of memory

slooksterPSV: hehe yeah, I’m defiantly a PC/hardware enthusiast - I cant wait to take the (expensive) step into machood with my new ibook/powerbook ;x

The laptop does have it's original box, manuals, recovery cd's - i hang on to pretty much everything i buy because I’m constantly upgrading