FS: Hope for the future of the world

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Punkwaffle, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

Hurry quickly and buy my hope for the future before another 4 years of Bush steals it!!!

2. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

I think its fair to say that were all f**ked now.

You can kiss Iraq/Enviroment/economy/stability goodbye now.

Who's going to be able to stop Bush now?

3. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

This guy!
    [​IMG]

Good luck guys, you'll need it. :(

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

duh...

[​IMG]

6. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Couldn't have said it better myself. The idiots are taking over, we're f**ked.

7. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

This is a marketplace.. please remove this thread

Take your political beliefs elsewhere.

8. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Yes please....somewhere else

I'm not saying I'm a Bush supporter, or even a Kerry supporter...but I'm here for news, information...and particularly people selling macintosh stuff....

Thanks.

P.S.
    Go Here

9. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Very depressed today - all the non-critical thinking OC-looking kids in my office think GWB is the best thing since sliced bread or Ronald Reagan. Sad, sad day for us all. Look on the bright side though - he can't run again in 4 years and Cheney's heart condiitons will probably leave him out of the 2008 race as well. 4 years is plenty of time for them to conquer the world though.

I can already see Bush and heney plotting... "Muhhhahhhahh - next project... Operation Elimate the Rest of the Brown People."

http://www.costofwar.com

10. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I posted a long rant before realizing this is not in a political forum....so I deleted it and moved it to the political forum.

To the original poster who is selling hope:

I'd buy some, but I feel we should all be saving our money now just in case the economy continues in the direction it has taken the last 4 years.

11. trentcanuck macrumors member

I'm literally dumbfounded that the American public re-elected this guy!

There are so many things I like about America, and (obviously) so many thoughtful, decent people (the majority, actually), but this is such an unfortunate development.

The old saying goes, "Fool me once: shame on you.
    Fool me twice: shame on me".
    Up until last week, Americans could take comfort in the fact that a majority of the populace voted AGAINST Bush in 2000, and in any case, they couldn't have known what a disaster he was going to be as president (and as a human being).

Now there's no such excuse: the majority of Americans have cast their vote in favour of him, in essence, saying, "this is the man whose policies we endorse, who we feel represents who we are as a people".
    Such a sad development.

12. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

LOL. Personally, I would have voted for John Jackson or Jack Johnson. The robot vote made the difference. Who could blame 'em, he did sport a shiny brand new badass body. ;)

On second thought, I'd vote for the Hypnotoad. His show is soooo.... captivating.

I know, I'm not making sense.

13. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Maybe someone on this thread can help me out with a question that I've been wondering about: If John Kerry had a plan for everything, why didn't he have a plan to actually win the election? :confused:

Daniel :cool:

14. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

ouch...it was another one of his "secret" plans. Guess he should have told people I guess ;)

NADER '08

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If Bush had a plan for winning the election, how come he didn't have one to win in Iraq? :eek:

16. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

17. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

BOTH of my brothers just went BACK to Iraq after leave. You watch too much news. We are winning....

The BS you see on T.V. is only the half of it.....

Comments like that make me SO mad, you are here...you aren't there...Dan Rather isn't a good source of news :mad:

18. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Listen up y'all...

Jack Kennedy lost his first bid for the White House too. And while I know for the last 20 some odd years the Democratic party has given their presidential candidates one shot, Senator Kerry is in a great position to lead the party over the next 4 years as it seeks to redefine itself. He may have lost the election, but he hasn't lost support from his base.

The decision to conceed early was a good one. Granted, there wasn't a lot of hope in terms of vote count like there was in 2000, but any fight would have risked putting him in the same negative light that Gore eventually ended up in when it was over.

Lest any of you think that this battle is over until the next election, you're wrong. President Bush and his cabinet are going to continue pressing the fight, and with the help of Congress, leave a lasting mark in our nation's history. The Supreme Court. Roe v. Wade. Less government reliance and more individual responsibility (goodbye, Social Security). Do not think for a moment that Bush has any intention to find a middle ground with the left.

To Bush, there is no "middle ground", there is "right and wrong." Back in the 2000 campaign, when asked whom he identified with most in the Bible, he said, "Jesus Christ." And, like Christ, he knows he's not going win any popularity contest doing so, but he is bound by his convictions to convince us "non-believers" in the U.S. (i.e., gay-supporting, pro-abortion heathenistic Democrats) and those like-minded in the rest of world, to change their ways or be damned. Bush does see a divided nation...but he also sees a divided world: believers and non-believers.

In his mind, if you're a liberal looking for middle ground, you need to make a lifestyle change and start thinking more like them. He made this a victory for values because he convinced everyone with an ounce of religious conviction that there's only one party in this country that believes in god any longer. And the Democratic party has done nothing lately to deny it. The Democratic party used to speak for the common man—Southerners, Midwesterners, middle income earners...basic Americans; but it's become the party of extreme left-wing special interests.

The Democratic party is NOT anti-war by definition. We are NOT "pro abortion" by definition. We are NOT anti-god. We are NOT the party for you to ally with to help remove the word "God" from the pledge of allegiance. We do NOT strive to push for even bigger divisions between church and state. We are a party that supports the rights of gays, but do NOT expect us to be a national sounding box for the support of gay marriage. We are NOT a party to rely on for national marijuana rights reform.

Many Americans whose rights were once fought for vigorously by Democrats, feel that's what we've become—average Americans—black, white, latino, asian, middle-class, lower class and others who feel abandoned by the Democratic party, voted for Bush yesterday knowing full well he was likely to do nothing to help them find or save their jobs or help them get the healthcare or afford the prescriptions they badly needed.

We can look at this election either as a defeat or an opportunity to build momentum. I hope Kerry and the rest of you see it for the latter. Kerry is an extraordinarily brilliant individual who proved in Vietnam, before and after, that he's not one to back down from a fight. Like in battle, when you're forced to retreat you must find the strength to regroup and fight again. It is in that strength and resolve that heroes are made... and battles are won.

I intend to dig my boots into the sand and prepare for tomorrow's fight.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Comments like mine make you mad, but comments like dsharits don't I bet. :p

And I don't get my news from DR. That's an assumption on your part, and it makes me sooo maaaad! :mad: :D

20. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Mactastic,

Well what would you base your "experience" that we are losing the war from?? How about the 2 schools my brother built, or the countless pictures I've seen of our soldiers with Iraq civilians crying, and thanking us, or the countless people we've put in homes, given jobs...and mostly hope!!

This is a very touchy subject with me...and I'm not putting you in some category...you are right, I don't know where you are getting your news from...but wherever you are getting it from, is wrong based on your response. You don't spend hour upon hour talking to your family and friends about how upset we are because of the way the American media is portraying the war right now...because we see what we are doing FROM A FIRST HAND BASIS.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Are you saying Bush planned the chaos that Iraq is facing? If so, you are saying he is far more of a sadistic thug than many leftists do. Did he plan to not find WMDs? Did he plan on having to kill up to 100,000 civilians? This is a very touchy subject with me.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

When was the last time the US won a counter-insurgency war?

23. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Right, and FOX news IS? Oh, I get it...it's a better source of news than Dan Rather and the rest of those liberal journalists. I see. You've got all the great comebacks.

Tell you what...if you're so mad, and you're old enough, then I suggest you contact your nearest Army or Marine recruiter as soon as possible. The President needs you. Iraq needs you.

If you believe whole-heartedly in Bush and his campaign in Iraq then you're really doing him a disservice by staying here. He and his cabinet can handle the Iraq talking points on their own. What they need are fresh replacements overseas. You need to go right now. Here are the numbers:

1-800-USA-ARMY
    1-800-MARINES

Normally, I'd suggest the Army, but the Marines are offering a cool carabiner keychain right now.

24. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

No, you're seeing it from a second-hand basis. You're getting the information from family. A first-hand basis would mean you're actually there. Which, I'll reiterate, is where you should be as soon as you're old enough.

All those hours you spend talking to family members overseas could be spent in Iraq either building schools or locating and defusing MRBs.

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

When we were the insurgency.