FS: Used CDs

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by mrgreen4242, Sep 15, 2005.

1. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I am selling off my old CDs... I'm asking for $5 shipped (US - international OK, but extra) for single CD albums, $7 for double disc sets. If there are no notes next to the disc it is in the original case with all the notes, etc. If it is listed as no case, but has all notes (liner notes AND the back cover insert). It will be in a CD case when shipped. If it lists no case, no notes it will be in a plain jewel case. To my knowledge all of these CDs play fine.

No reasonable offer will be refused, so please take a look at what I have and tell me what you think is reasonable!

I couldn't find a good way to get this big list on here, so I am linking it from my website.

*Please note that the Pearl Jam 3 disc Dissident Live set and the Mesmerize live disc are for sale, but not for $5. Please make offers (I'd check eBay to get an idea of what people are paying for these).

2. macrumors 65816

doucy2

nice cds
    but i already have most of the songss of the cds i would want
    good luck in selling

3. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Heh, thanks for the bump at least... hey you still have that IDE to USB adaptor you were trying to sell? Want to trade it for some CDs? :)

4. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I've listed the Pearl Jam Live/Import CDs on eBay; if anyone is interested you can see them here.

Also, I will entertain offers for this whole lot of CDs (minus the four I just linked to auction) if someone would like to make a cheap grab at a fairly large music collection. :)

5. macrumors 6502a

May be interested in the Black Sabbath one. Give me a few days to think it over.

6. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Sure, just let me know.

Also, just a little info for anyone interested, shipping for 1 CD and decent amount of packaging materials is about $1.30-1.55, but adding more discs to the package costs very little extra, so I will be inclined to negotiate on prices if you are looking to buy a few discs at once as the cost of shipping per disc goes down very quickly when you are doing multiple discs.

Thanks for the interest so far everyone!

EDIT: I wanted to add that I am always interested in a trade... I'm not looking to add any cash to any deals, but if you have a USB or FW to IDE adaptor, or some other small items like that I'd be happy to consider them. :)

7. macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Here is the list of what I want. BTW: If you ship it Media Mail it will be REALLY cheap that way, I believe.

Bare Naked Ladies Stunt
    Blink 182 Dude Ranch
    Collective Soul Discipline Breakdown
    Green Day Dookie
    Soundgarden Superunknown

Would you do $23, shipped for these?

8. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

PM Sent!

Thanks!

9. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Just FYI, these disc are officially sold. There are a few others pending, I will update the list on my site when I get home from work. Thanks everyone!!

10. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ok, these ones are gone now as well:

Tom Petty - Greatest Hits
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Menon Collie
    NIN - Pretty hate Machine
    Loreena McKennit - Live in Paris and Toronto
    Sublime - Sublime

devilot, I responded to you PM as well.

Thanks,
    Rob

11. Moderator emeritus

devilot

12. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ah, got it, your CDs will ship out ASAP, you should get them around Wednesday-Thursday!

Thank you very much!

I've sold about 15 cds, and have updated the list on my site to reflect what is still available.

I am also adding a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix unabridged on CD to the list. 23 discs in all, listened to twice, all the original boxing and sleeves are there. I'm asking $30 + shipping (seems to be about what they sell for on eBay). I'd estimate the shipping around $3 for media mail.

(Black Sabbath - Paranoid is still available as well ;) )

13. macrumors regular

14. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Well, I've sold 15 in the first 24 hours I listed them, but thanks for the bump. :)

15. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Sure is, let me know if you'd like it and also any other discs! :)

16. macrumors regular

What condition is it in?

17. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

No visible scratches, it mounts in my mini. I can't be any more specific than that, as there aren't enough hours in the day for me to listen to all of these discs and check each track. The case is in good shape, a little worn, but no cracks or chips.

18. macrumors regular

19. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hey sorry, went to bed and then was out of town all day today. Still interested?

20. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

All the discs on the list (60 or so left) are still available, except the live Pearl Jam ones, I will edit those when I get home today. All discs that have been purchased by MR members have shipped, you guys should get them in a few days!

I'm dropping the price on the ones left! $4 per disc plus $2.50 shipping on any size order!

21. macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Hey, just got my CDs today. Great seller!

Technically, it was yesterday considering that it is now 2 AM.

22. macrumors 6502a

I presume of course you are removing these tracks from your itunes library ;)

Nices CD's though, not my tatse but good luck

23. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Cynicism lives! :)

24. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

25. thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ok, just wanted to post that all these disc will be going to eBay over the next few weeks, so feel free to keep an eye on http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrobandstuff to see what I have listed. Also, my wife is going to add a bunch of her CDs to the lst soon (looks like she wants to clear out something like 100 discs).