FS/WTT: 15" Macbook Pro [2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM] + Extras! $1,600

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by xxjuicymintxx, Jun 2, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Looking to get rid of my Macbook Pro, as I'd like to go back to the 24" iMac, and eventually a Macbook for my portable fix. Here's the specs:

15" w/ LED screen, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM [upgraded from 2GB], GeForce 8600M GT 256mb Graphics, 160GB Hard Drive.

I've still got the original box, styrofoam, install discs [both tiger & leopard], DVI>VGA Adapter, and of course the Magsafe charger is included. Included as well is the original 2GB RAM from Apple.

Also, the MBP is still under warranty until August 5th, 2008. It is still eligible for Applecare.

I've also got a soft neoprene sleeve for it that I've used to carry it around in. It's olive green on the outside, orange on the inside. I've also kept a red plastic shell on it, made by Speck, and have never used it outside of the shell, aside from when I was cleaning it.

Overall, the computer is in great shape, though there are a couple scuffs on the front, near the latch. They're from taking the shell on/off for cleaning. Aside from that there are no dings/deep scratches, or any major cosmetic damage.

I know a refurb model w/ similar specs is $1,649 from Apple. I've got the additional RAM, plus the sleeve & shell. Not too sure where that places me.

I'm interested in trading for a 24" iMac [either white or aluminum], plus some cash possibly, depending on the iMac. I've never sold anything via Macrumors, but I've made plenty of sales via craigslist & other forums, such as Treocentral.

Let me know, thanks!

EDIT: I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI. Also, if pictures are wanted just let me know.

EDIT2: Will sell outright for $1,650. Paypal preferred. Thanks!

EDIT3: Price lowered to $1,600.

2. macrumors newbie

Would you accept $1,200?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

$1,200 seems a little low, so I'm going to have to pass. Thanks for the offer though.

4. macrumors 68000

thechidz

at least 1400

5. macrumors newbie

1649$ on the ref store, it's a penryn....

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I was originally thinking a White 24" iMac + some cash, as the value of those is a little lower these days.

I used to have the Aluminum 24", which I absolutely loved, and I'd take that as my first pick, but you white 24"-ers don't be shy!

7. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've got a BlackBook 2.4 Penryn, 250GB 2GB SDRAM, (4) cycle count on battery, AppleCare 2011, purchased Feb. 28, 2008. How close are we?

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Are you offering a trade? If so, what is your complete offer? I might be interested in a Blackbook. I like the larger hard drive. :) I'd definitely have to get an external monitor though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As I said initially, I'm headed for the 24" result in the long run.

9. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

This is what I've got:

Purchased February 28, 2008
    Product Features
    *2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3 MB shared L2 Cache
    *2 GB (two SO-DIMM) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 250 GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive; 8x Double-Layer SuperDrive
    *One FireWire 400, two USB 2.0 ports, DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video (mini-DVI - VGA adapter is included)
    *Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet; Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11n); built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module
    *13.3-inch (diagonal) glossy TFT widescreen display, 1280 x 800 resolution; Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard
    *(4) Battery Cycle Count, mAh = 5422, 100%, Excellent Condition.
    *Serial Number Available
    *PayPal and FREE Shipping within the CONUS. (Continental United States)
    *I can do a total restore to shipping specs.
    *I have everything that came with this BlackBook, install disks/restore disks, Original Box.

Will Trade straight across for MBP 2.4 15" or 17" Widescreen 160GB HDD, 2GB-4GB SDRAM w/AppleCare (Optional).

Selling For: PayPal or Cash only ($1399 BlackBook + $249 AppleCare thru 2011 + Shipping & Handling $100 = $1748.00 OTD)

10. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going to have to pass. As I've mentioned, I'd really like to go with the 24" solution if possible.

I'd be willing to sell for cash at $1,650. That's same as refurb, only w/ extra ram, and a few other extras.

11. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Thanks for the quick response, good luck with your sale.

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I appreciate it. Hope to get an offer soon.

13. macrumors 68000

thechidz

no this is not a penryn, this is a previous generation without multitouch (applecare ending in august means that it was purchased well before february when the penryns came out.)

14. thread starter macrumors regular

Correct. This is not a Penryn model. This is the previous model before that, and as mentioned in the OP, has the remainder of the warranty until August 5th of this year.

Lower Price! I will accept $1,600.

15. thread starter macrumors regular

Here are some pictures. Sorry they're not the best quality, but they were taken from my Treo's poor camera. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. macrumors member

Grand Rapids 'eh? I'm from the Detroit area! But I'm now in KC, Missouri. I'm coming to Michigan this summer. I totally wish I could afford to pick up your MBP! Ugh! Especially from a fellow Michigander!

Were did you get that bumper sticker? I swear that I have seen it before!

EDIT: Oh dude you go to Mars Hill? That's AWESOME! I know some many people that have been there. I'm at the International House of Prayer, and there are quite a few people with the same bumper sticker.

17. thread starter macrumors regular

It's actually a sticker I got from a previous teacher of mine. She gets them through her church [sorry, can't remember the name of it], but there's a religious story behind it. I love the sticker, and it's an small item that truly represents a large part of me.

[and props for being a michigander, though, i hate the way 'michigander' sounds, haha.]

18. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

You could get over $1800 on eBay in 5 days.

19. thread starter macrumors regular

$1,800? On eBay? 5 days? Hm.

I'm not much of an 'ebayer', as the fee's always get me, and I've never had too much luck.

I'd really like to sell here first. I mean, $1,600 for a Macbook Pro, plus the extras I've got?

That's a good deal right?

20. macrumors member

That's fine, I did some research and the Pastor of Mars Hill did a teaching on it called, "Love Wins." and that's how the stickers came to be. Ya, it's pretty awesome dude.

Indeed it does sound strange!

21. macrumors member

hi would you be interested in doing a trade for a macbook 2.16ghz 2gb of ram plus enough cash for your 24in monitor?

22. thread starter macrumors regular

No thank you. I've had the MBP + a 24" Acer monitor, and I couldn't get used to the setup. I'm just comortable with the iMac.

I'm in talks with someone right now, so it might sell soon. I'll keep everyone posted. For now - it's still for sale.

23. macrumors newbie

Sent a PM!