FTA?

Discussion in 'Community' started by eclipse525, Jan 3, 2005.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Does anyone use or know of "Free-To-Air" Satellite system? How does it work and does it recieve most signals? Does it get local channels as well? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

~e

2. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Don't mean to repost but I am....LOL.....any takers on this Thread? Any leads to any good sites that deal with this "Free-to-Air" satellite service? I've been to the commercial sites but they are useless.

~e

3. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

well, fta is really good if you have a big dish thats motorized.. that way you can switch from feed to feed. FTA recievers are useful, but your not gonna get locals or networks except for maybe like bbc cbc galaxie pbs nasa political stuf etc... It can be good though if you can get euro chans.

i would sugest looking into a pay service. its seriously less hassle.

4. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Thanks for the advice. It's hard to determine at time.. you get all different people saying different things about it. Some say the actually get all the Dish Network and pay channels free, as well as the local channels. Who knows, just thought i'd inquire about it.

Thanks again.

~e

5. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

lol.. how you aquire your channels is up to you. :rolleyes:

i like to play with nagravison scripts myeslf and prefer dishnetwork myself:cool:

6. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

perhaps i'll start exploring the world of nagravision scripts.<LOL> I'm always up for an adventure. :rolleyes:

thanks again.

~e