FTP client w/ident support

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DJ Hoyt, Oct 22, 2003.

1. DJ Hoyt macrumors member

I am looking for an FTP client to use in Mac OS 10.2 that supports ident verification. I'm a member of this group and their FTP server requires ident verification (through port 113). I tried at my girlfriend's school on her PC with Windows XP (yes, she also has a Mac), but that won't work because she's behind a firewall. So I'd have to do it from my cable connection at home on my old G4 tower. I don't think Fetch supports ident nor does Transmit to my knowledge. Is there a way to enable it on the Unix side so when the ftp server checks for ident, unix will spit something up port 113 to tell it that my ident is "hoyt" which is what it needs to be. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. DJ Hoyt thread starter macrumors member

So is it really that no one on this site knows the answer or is it that no one cares?

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

4. DJ Hoyt thread starter macrumors member

I'd rather not... how do you use ident with command line FTP from the terminal? Can you do download queues from that? Upload folders? Let me know.

And thanks for replying! =)

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I was just throwing it out there as an option, not as anything I've tried myself. I checked the man pages for ftp and sftp and didn't see any specific mention of "ident", but that's not to say it's not there under a different name.

I've never really run into any ident verification with FTP servers before, just basic FTP and SFTP.

6. bartvl macrumors newbie

I'd like to have a mac ftp client as well that supports the ident feature. Anyone found a solution for this yet?

7. bobnugget macrumors regular

I've been looking for one of these for ages. It appears there is no such beast. It also appears that it is impossible to get an ident daemon for OS X.

Looks like you guys will have to use FlashFXP in parallels to get your warez, which works a treat :D