Fuji S5200 filter size?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sweener88, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hi,
    Im EXTREMLY new to photography and am trying to read and learn everything and everything i can and get into this cool world of photography. The camera i have (which is also my first) is a Fuji finepix S5200. I keep reading that its a good idea to get a uv filter since im shooting alot outdoors, and just to protect the lense. my question is (and im sure this is extremly "noob-ish") is what size of filter do i get? when looking at the lense at the front it says f=6.3-63mm 1:3.2-3.5 55mm. im not sure what any of those numbers mean but im geussing i need to look for a 55mm filter? Hope i dont annoy all you pro's out there with this question but once again im just getting my feet wet in photgraphy. thanks alot!:) :apple:

2. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

according to some quick research, the filter thread is 55mm. is there an O with a slash through it before the 55? that would confirm our assumptions.

3. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

4. Pac a Mac macrumors regular

Pac a Mac

I have the S7000 and you need an adaptor to fit standard filters. Try the fuji site they have online manuals etc.

http://www.fujifilm.com/

5. JarScott macrumors 68030

JarScott

F=6.3-63mm?

I'm sorry to open this thread up so late, but I'm looking for some information for the Fujifilm S5700. I've had it for about 3 years now and I'm looking to buy a DSLR. But, I was looking at the lens of the S5700 and I was reading the specs of it. I know what they all mean, such as the filter thread and the ratio, but I don't understand one part. It says "F=6.3-63mm". Can you tell me what this part means? It's not the maximum aperture as I know this is f3.2. So what does "F=6.3-63mm" mean?