Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KarlEdmunds

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Hi

I recently bought myself a Fuji S9500 :) but upon simple usage noticed that carrying this thing around is going frustrating because It looks as if any number of things could break.

Don't get me wrong, it feels really solid, but I like to look after my things and I would hate for a dial to break off or the screen to crack.

Amazon UK has a nice...ish looking case http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CEBDLO/qid=1149448252/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/203-1100939-0803928

But I can't seem to find any reviews, and what's with the compartment on the side?

Does anybody here have this particular case, any others that can be recommended? I am going away to Crete in a week and would like to buy a case soon.

Any input appreciated

Karl

Edit: A nice looking one if possible :)

KarlEdmunds

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Can anyone help, I need to buy in the next 2 days.

thanks

Karl

Edit: Will most camera cases fit, there aint many specifically for the s9500.

KarlEdmunds

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Wow 35 views, atleast 6 members viewing at any one time and still nobody cares to enlighten me.

:rolleyes:

lurcher

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2004
England
Hi Karl

I would suggest going into Jessops and getting a hands on look at various cases. They will have a few different makes and you can see for yourself which is the best suited.

Good luck!

KarlEdmunds

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
lurcher said:
Hi Karl

I would suggest going into Jessops and getting a hands on look at various cases. They will have a few different makes and you can see for yourself which is the best suited.

Good luck!

Cheers for the post, I'm going to a camera shop as soon as my exams are over.

Karl

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Are you looking for a form fitting case, or just a general camera case? your link is broken, and there are lots and lots of camera cases to choose from. Probably the reason nobody is responding is because they don't have that particular camera and thus don't really know what case you would want for it. Go to a camera store and try them out, and if the prices are too high look around online for one.

Otherwise I could recommend the bag I have. Tamrac Cyberpack 9. It has plenty of room for most camera systems and 15" laptops. http://tamrac.com/

Oh and tamrac doesn't let you link to individual products, so you'll have to look for it.

garfield2002

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2003
As I recall the Fuji S9500 poses a bit of a problem for smaller cases because its non-retractable lens sticks out more than most point and shoot cameras. This makes it more difficult to find a very compact, form fitting case. You may want to consider the LowePro Edit 100, 110 or 120 to be safe for size. This company seems to make inexpensive but good quality bags. I've seen them for 15, 20, and 25 quid respectively. This being said, I agree with lurcher, it is really hard to get a case you like online. When I was searching, I thought I'd found the perfect case with great reviews, however when I got my hands on it in the store it was certainly not what I was expecting or looking for. Taking your camera to a shop and sticking it in several bags is really the safest bet. Good luck.

KarlEdmunds

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Thanks guys for your input

I have exams for the next two days :( I'll pop into the first camera store I see when they're finished.

Thanks again

Karl

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.