Fuji Speedway signs deal for 2007 F1 Japanese GP

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Isn't that like having a a race at Ferrari's test track? Although I doubt "home field advantage" will help Toyota much. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see another race in the US but unless there is an American team I doubt it will happen. :(

Suzuka is one track that I just can't master in GT4....that thing is a b*tch.

2. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Suzuka and Spa (along perhaps with the new Turkish track whose name escapes me) are two of the few decent circuits left in F1. And Bernie would sell them out in a second for the sake of a few bucks..

I don't know why, but after over 20 years of following F1, I just haven't been able to raise any enthusiasm about the sport lately.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

The article:
    Bold = mine.

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Nope. Honda F1 are based in Brackley in England, and Toyota F1 in Cologne, Germany.

I love Suzuka... especially the 'S' Curves. :D

Suzuka and Spa (in that order) are the best tracks on the calender IMHO, hopefully we'll definitely see the return of Spa next season, and that Bernie will find a way of keeping F1 at Suzuka in the future... F1 without the Suzuka Showdowns... :eek: doesn't bare thinking about!!! :(

Turkey proves that a modern track can be edgy and have character, all it takes is a location with good geographical features and undulations. :D

3 words fella... Schumacher Vs Alonso Vs Raikkonen ;)

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I have those down pretty good (especially in RWD cars), but I keep getting caught out on a couple of those turns with funny apexes - I keep diving in too early like n00b. :(

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah suzuka and spa were always the high points.. i think i have to stop with reworking every god damn track and making them boring (like crippeling high speed hockenheim)

7. link92 macrumors 6502

Which corners do you mean? Spoon?

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

No, the Degner curve is my biggest enemy. I always come in too hot. Spoon is tough though - it took me a long time to get a method on that, and it still isn't pretty.

9. link92 macrumors 6502

Ah, I always mix up Degner and Spoon. Yeah, I meant Degner.

I got that far quicker on F1 '04/'05, mainly from the extra downforce of the F1 cars. I'm outta practice on GT4, but I could probably get it pretty quickly. Lemme go out and try :)

10. link92 macrumors 6502

1:50:118 in Bentley Seed 8 '03; however, I'm sure 1:45 is possible, if not faster. 1:32:197 is my fastest on F1 '05 (in a Ferrari F2005).

I managed to get a heckuva good line through Degner far sooner than other places, including Spoon (I have a tendency to go too slowly through Spoon). The breaking points for the 1st corner and for the hairpin are hard to find.

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Every corners a dream at Suzuka, :D

The track I've always had problems on, even though it's not in Gran Turismo is Estoril, for some reason I just can't hook that one up at all. :confused:

12. link92 macrumors 6502

Estoril? In what game? Or in real life? :eek: (;))

Back to Suzuka, for me it was the only track on F1 '05 I had problems getting a gold time in (ergh. F1 '05 is far, far, far too easy. You should not be able to drive a RBR1 from 20th on the grid, to the lead, before winning by 2 laps on hard (hard? More like piss easy!)).

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You could probably chop off a second by using the MP4-20.
    I hope you aren't trying to damage such a nice track. :mad:

14. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Both probably. ;)

15. link92 macrumors 6502

I couldn't go faster than 1:36 in the MP4-20…

And no, I'm not trying to damage it, just trying to get round it more quickly :D

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, you'd do better by looking for braking points rather than breaking points ;)

17. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I want an F1 game in the U.S!!!!! They relase them in Eurpoe and maybe Japan I think..... The most recent F1 game in the U.S. was like with '01 teams or something. Well, I want a recent game, '05 teams would be nice. I dont think '06 teams will appear in a game until the end of the season. Guess I still have some GT4 to get through though.

18. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Well, then, buy one from "the old world" ;)

19. link92 macrumors 6502

I spelt the word correctly. Just the wrong word. ;)

20. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

I've driven Estorial in real life in a Formula Renault single seater. Quite different to GT4 :)

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's because FM >> GT4

22. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Ferrari make a large majority of their components in the UK, too. It just so happens that Fiorino is their test circuit. They may have their HQ in Italy, but more goes down over here.

23. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Great News Fuji is a lovely place and a nice traditional circuit.:)

Suzuka apart from last year is an overtaking free zone.:rolleyes:

(Plus hate Honda and like to see them get a kicking:cool: )

24. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

That used to be the case back in the '80's and early '90's when John Barnard convinced Ferrari to build the Guildford Technical Office (GTO) back in the '80's, when Jean Todt took over though, Ferrari unified their F1 department at Maranello.

Toyota F1 are based in Germany, and Honda in England, they don't use either Suzuka or Fuji for testing, it wouldn't be economical, never mind viable to test there.... Suzuka especially.