Full Bill Gates Keynote Now Available

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CubaTBird, Jan 10, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Its hard to edit out those things with Winblows Movie Maker...

3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

ooo NOES!!! :p

Attached Files:

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

For a short clip of some of the goof ups check this out: link...this is uncomfortable! :p

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Too bad that clip doesn't include the Xbox BSoD'ing. That was really cute "Uhh... just imagine I'm doing some really cool and incredible stuff..." :D

6. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Ok I have to admit, I felt a little bad for Bill Gates right there. :eek:

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I would have done if didn't creep me out so much! His expressions were just freaky...I felt bad for Conan! :p

8. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Bill gets to feel the pain that the average Windows user have come to know. Justice is served in an International presentation. How do you like Windows now Bill?

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i need to install windows media player or something to watch this? come on...

10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

It's from Microsoft. What did you expect, Quicktime?

11. Cybernanga macrumors regular

Yes you need windows media non-player

He's the CEO of Microsnot, did you expect it to be in QuickTime?

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Try CNet, I don't know if it is the same piece of footage, but they actually have a Mac specific link using RealOne that shows Bill and Conan trying to make a slide show work.

13. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Fast forward to about 1:13:40 to see the Xbox BSOD.

14. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

What’s this about?

15. McMakMac macrumors newbie

I'm sorry for being a little selfish, but would someone mind describing what actually happened?

I'm at work on a crappy PC (Windows NT), that doesn't work properly with the current version of Windows Media Player and I'm extreamly curious!

16. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Sweet justice! The first and only time I used Powerpoint, it froze during a major presentation I was making (to my board of directors, no less).

How's it feel, Mr. Gates?

17. russed macrumors 68000

russed

at about 5 minutes 30 just before bill comes on, they show a girl at a desk on a white laptop. im sure its an ibook!

18. russed macrumors 68000

russed

oh and i like it how they have to get conan o brian to make it more exciting!

19. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

It's interesting to watch both Bill's keynote and Steve's keynote back to back. They are really different styles. I wish all PC users could watch one Stevenote.

20. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i thought the picture of bill waking up in bed with a powerbook was funny! it would have been good if conan would have come out and said - "i'm an apple user" it would have sealed it off for bill. you could tell he wasnt enjoying it. he was squirming every time a joke was made about him, finished off with his fake (and very annoying laugh).

and how many things went wrong! nice to see they were well prepared. i know things can go wrong but i think i counted atleast 3. it wasnt as slick as steve's.

21. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

22. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Comparing to Steve Job's only "freezeup/macos 10.4 tiger bug" situation, Steve was much calmer/smooth when that happened. He just switched to his backup computer and all was good... You didn't see that with the xbox? freezeup or the earlier media center 2005 freezeup.
    :)

23. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I think Steve had one more bug but he covered it up good. The Mail app integration with iPhoto didn't work.

If Bill did the Stevenote, he would have sunk into his chair when the photo freezed up. Perhaps it was too expensive to have a backup system. Or they had several backup systems before the show but they can only get one to work so they used it. Perhaps PCs aren't such a good value as people thought. I wonder if Dell will have to sell their low-end at $149 including the monitor now to be competitive. The Celeron probably needs to be over 4 Ghz because it seems really slow at the high-end today.

It's good that Tiger won't be released yet so that it can be better. The updates will take care of any minor stuff.

24. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

lol yeah, I think it was because the popup saying do you want iPhoto to open when it was opened by a different app (good for security, especially from the mail program) that prevented the transfer. it might've happened still, jobs didn't wait around after it

what I liked is how those "do you want to open me" messages kept popping up. you know jobs was grinding his teeth when he was saying "yes i want to open you" he looked/sounded pissed

25. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

It looked as though he had never seen them. I set computers up all the time and breeze through those things. I was dissapointed he didn't make more cracks about bill, but I guess he took the higher road.