Full Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mudbug, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I spent some time in the front yard with the kids tonight trying to get pictures of the lunar eclipse - enjoy.

Fun to watch - the next one for us probably won't happen until sometime in 2007, if I understand correctly.

photos

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Amazingly, the clouds parted here just in time. Magnificent!

3. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Was nice to see ... My first lunar eclipse. Thought the process was a lot quicker (low 50ies outside brrr).

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very cool stuff - looks really good in the binoculars - pictures don't really do it justice...

D

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I had to miss it :mad: !!! I had a band rehearsal that prevented me from going to see it at an observitory with my girlfriend. Stupid class. Oh well. :rolleyes:

6. kevin49093 macrumors regular

My pics

I was able to get a few pics tonight... here are some of the better (focused) ones...

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Clouds!! Go figure! See, that's why I gave up following astronomy: I got to follow one lunar/astronomy-related event in person only once every several years because of the weather. So I kept getting bummed out and lost interest. This event is no exception. Damnit. ... But I still try to get a glimpse of the event IF I can. Now I gotta rely on pics to see what happened. *goes to sleep*

8. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I could see it in great detail through the big zoom but it turned out to be no more than a very white disk, no matter what settings I used.

10. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Good show!

It was a nice sight. I took over a 100 pictures of it with my digi cam. I love taking pictures of nature, and well this was an added bonus for me :D

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

we've been covered in fog all week, so i couldn't see it... even went out last night hoping for a glimpse, but there was no way. Too bad, i would have liked to try and get a shot or two, i had been hoping to try out my camera's infrared abilities... admittedly i don't even know if that would have worked, but i was curious.

paul

12. emw macrumors G4

emw

I wasn't able to see it last night, but I did see one last year while down in Florida. It is an interesting sight to see for sure. Plus, it's easier to view than a Solar eclipse...

And thanks for the pics kevin49093, quite nice for those of us that couldn't see it!

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It was an awesome view. Won't be around again until 2007.