"Full of dead babies"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Feb 6, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Oh, the joys of home-schooling. One Kevin Swanson, radio talk show host and master biologist, makes this claim:

I’m beginning to get some evidence from certain doctors and certain scientists that have done research on women’s wombs after they’ve gone through the surgery, and they’ve compared the wombs of women who were on the birth control pill to those who were not on the birth control pill. And they have found that with women who are on the birth control pill, there are these little tiny fetuses, these little babies, that are embedded into the womb. They’re just like dead babies. They’re on the inside of the womb. And these wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.

All I have to say to that is, umm ...

2. macrumors G3

roadbloc

hehehe. This guy's joking right?

3. macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I thought birth control keeps the egg from coming down the fallopian tube or preventing ovulation. So this couldn't possibly happen. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. macrumors 6502a

jnpy!$4g3cwk

5. macrumors 68030

Heilage

What the hell is this crap? And what is the ultimate goal of this?

6. chown33, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013

macrumors 603

After reading the title, I thought this was going to be a dead-baby-joke thread with a "2001: A Space Odyssey" theme. A demented riff on the line "It's full of stars!". Not just black humor, black monolith humor.

7. macrumors 68000

VulchR

Could this guy be talking about the corpus luteum? Whatever, my reaction is WTF.

8. macrumors 65816

aerok

The ban of contraception of course. Use stupid reasoning to convince people that birth control pills are wrong. Say it enough times and they will start believing you.

9. macrumors 68000

VulchR

Practically broke a rib laughing at this... :D

10. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sydde

Not quite, the Black Monolith was the source of intelligence, kind of the opposite of what is going on here.

11. macrumors 601

eawmp1

He has NOT mastered biology.

Anti-intellectualism is the U.S. would be funny if it wasn't so frightening.

12. macrumors 603

thekev

I'm not sure. The eggs would be dead either way without fertilization. He's just putting a silly spin on it.

13. macrumors 68000

VulchR

Actually, in thinking about this what kind of surgery is Swanson referring to? I can just imagine the conversation between physician and patient now: 'Do you mind if, while I am mucking about in your insides, I check for little dead baby thingies in your womb?'. Creepy.

14. macrumors 68020

By this guy's logic, a teenage boy's gym sock is also a graveyard full of dead babies. :rolleyes:

15. macrumors 65816

aerok

Of course, as conservative as he is, masturbation probably does the same for him.

16. macrumors G3

Renzatic

Speaking of which, why don't we have a male birth control pill? It makes more sense to me to spike the baby batter right at the source. At the very least, you'd expect it to be more effective more often than female birth control pills.

And you can expect us to take it regularly. While we don't have as much to lose if we forget, we'll pretty much use every excuse we can to go bareback. "No, baby. We don't need a condom. I'm on the pill. The good one. It's like DDT for sperm".

17. macrumors 6502

CalWizrd

There are male birth control pills. Aspirin tablets. You put them in your shoe.

They make you limp.

18. macrumors G3

Renzatic

Oh, I see what you did there.

19. macrumors 68020

No other feeling like the feeling of going bareback. ;)

20. macrumors G3

Renzatic

I shouldn't have said anything. Two posts in and things are already starting to sound like an episode of Penthouse Letters around here.

21. macrumors 65816

aerok

And what's wrong with that? :p

22. macrumors G3

Renzatic

Not a damn thing. [​IMG]

23. macrumors demi-god

Hugh

Believe it or not, but they (powers to be) are working on a pill for men. Later I try to dig up the article I read on it.

Hugh

24. macrumors 601

Indeed, the companies that develop this stuff are really trying to create a male birth control pill. The trouble though is that it is really hard since there are a lot of differences in biology and it's much simpler (from what I understand) to prevent pregnancy from starting than it is to stop men from creating so many sperm. It only takes one sperm from a man and we produce a ton of them when we ejaculate. It has to be really effective for it to be viable. That is really hard to do apparently.