Full of problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nighteater537, May 1, 2006.

1. Nighteater537 macrumors member

Ok, i finally starting to fix all these littlre annoying problems on my mac powerbook g4....
    First of when running final cut pro, and i try to import any vedio file, i lose the audio...why?
    Second.
    I have a corrupted/missed up 250 gb drive....that wont format, u name it i trieded it....i am in the proccess of returning it, thaank god i spent extra 10 dollars for warranty
    Third
    Double password prompt, when i awake the computer or unlock preferences, it prompts me for my password twice...why?
    Third
    aim constantly crashes,

Any help would be nice

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well i can help the last thing

are you using aim for mac or iChat or adium, if your using aim for Mac stop now and start using either of the two listed. Or proteus if that is your cup of tea

and another now that i thought of it

for the putting in password twice. Try putting your com.apple.loginwindow.plist file to the desktop then restarting and try locking the screen again then log back in and see if it still asks for it twice

3. Nighteater537 thread starter macrumors member

...well alot of people know my aim screen name, and i taalk on aim to aim friends.....and my powerbook is reletivly new, i cant afford a macbook pro, i am running tiger and i have gb ram and DONT MAKE FUN OF MY SPELLING

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

AIM names work on iChat and in Adium, adium works with all kinds of services, AIM, .Mac, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ etc. etc.

and also try this one that i added in after your post

"for the putting in password twice. Try putting your com.apple.loginwindow.plist file to the desktop then restarting and try locking the screen again then log back in and see if it still asks for it twice"

For reference that file is located in HD>>>>Users>>>>home directory>>>>Library>>>Preferences

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    As regards the video clips? Where are they coming in from? Are they from a DV tape or from a digital camera? If so, there are a few threads about demuxing to split the audio/video

6. Nighteater537 thread starter macrumors member

they are just quick time movies that i got on tjhe computer, form downloading or capturing form a pctv card. They all run smoothly with quick time