Full screen isnt really full screen....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ljump12, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ljump12 macrumors 6502

When i hit the Green + button to enlarge the program at hand many times (expecially with firefox) it just enlarges it to as much as the page needs instead of full screening it. I am used to a windows system where the middle button makes it the size of your screen. is there anyway i can change the settings so that the my macbook does this?

2. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

No.

But you can drag the thing at the bottom right hand corner to make the window as big as you desire.

The thing with using the green button is so that you don't needlessly waste screen space.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are in a new land. You need to learn new ways.

4. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

In a web browser you can go full screen by making a bookmark to this "url":
    Code:
    javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);
    I use it a lot on my Clamshell.

On my mini i like to do it the Mac way (and 20" web browsing sucks ;))

Cheers

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Welcome to Mac and all of its little idiosyncrasies. That is how the button has worked since the beginning and probably how it will in the future. It will take time to get used to, but the results will be worth it.

6. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

While i is a nice feature at times... it can also be anoying in that sometimes i size it for a smaller webpage... but then when a biger webpage comes along I have to do it again.... Sometimes you jsut want to make it big and forget about...
    Itd be nice if there were 4 buttons and both options...

But whatcan you do.. i guess ill leanr to get used to it; or maybe us that java.. thanks!

7. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

mmm...I like that. Thanks.

As for the "green button", F that thing, I am in the boat with the former windows user. I have used X since 10.0.4 and I am still annoyed by how it works with firefox and a number of other programs that arent made by Apple. Which, as that would imply, is not entirely Apple's fault. Never the less...[/rant] ;)

i guess we'll deal