Full screen Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sikkinixx, Dec 28, 2005.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Is there a way to have Safari go full screen without having to drag the window size bigger every time? I clicked the (+) button but it just goes between small size and custom size. I searched in the Help but it was to no use! It drives me nuts!

I know it is going to be something really simple and stupid that I am overlooking....

2. condor macrumors member

Add a new bookmark to your Bookmarks menu bar in Safari and replace the URL with the following bit of javascript:

javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);

I renamed the Bookmark "FS" for full screen and placed it to the far left in my menu bar. It solved the problem for me.

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

yeah, other than the option condor suggested, you can't. :(

4. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Wait, I just tried what condor said - that's just taking up available space, it's not like a full screen thing with IE.

I believe you can't with Safari :(

5. condor macrumors member

Yeah, as far as I know you can't have a true full-screen mode in Safari. The best solution is to have it take up all the available screen real estate using that javascript, but you'll always have your menu bar at the top. If anyone knows a work-around I would be interested in it too.

6. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Yeah. I do believe FireFox supports it, but don't quote me. :eek:

7. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

There is an add-on to Safari called Saft that allows you full-screen, ad-blocking, and other things.

8. ldenman macrumors regular

9. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

Get Saft

I would also recommend Saft. It's a great Safari plug-in. Viewing Safari in full screen is a keyboard short-cut away. You can find it on Version Tracker or Mac Update. Costs about 10 bucks and installs in a breeze.
    Good Luck

10. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

how can you get saft?