Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
it's a fake; why would there be a dvd icon on the "frontrow" interface? you're telling me an iPod will play dvd's? if they were ripped dvd's, or downloaded; they'd be in the movie folder. The dvd category is strictly for playing physical dvd's, and last I checked, a dvd is a good deal too large for an iPod

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC + Madison, WI
Sure, we'll find out on Tuesday; until then, I say this pic is nonsense.

Whether or not they release this product on Tuesday, I have a hard time with the idea that they left a banner like that unconcealed.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
I just spoke to a friend who said he has held a prototype which looked EXACTLY like the thing in the picture here.

It was just a physical mock-up but it was identical.

He has just gone to bed, though.

stevehp

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
It's not a house, it's a home.
plinkoman said:
it's a fake; why would there be a dvd icon on the "frontrow" interface? you're telling me an iPod will play dvd's? if they were ripped dvd's, or downloaded; they'd be in the movie folder. The dvd category is strictly for playing physical dvd's, and last I checked, a dvd is a good deal too large for an iPod

also look at how close the apple logo is to the end of the banner and how spread apart the text is from the logo...Also, why would the banner already be up? Apple takes so much time keeping this stuff secret, they wouldn't have just screwed it up like that. I hope that the full video looks something like that though!

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
In addition to Plinkoman's good point, the top of the iMac image exceeds higher than the top of the banner... It's fake alright.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Rumors 101
Is this photo Fake or Not?

Claim: I found this photo of Apple's new XYZ on a free photo hosting site.
Answer: Fake.

Accuracy of this rule - 100% so far.

arn

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
plinkoman said:
The dvd category is strictly for playing physical dvd's, and last I checked, a dvd is a good deal too large for an iPod
It's a perspective thing. Don't be fooled by the iMac, that iPod is the eight inch ten pounder promised back in January.

Emrtr4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
I did not make it up

IT is possible it is photoshop which I admitted too.

I found it on Digg.com

go to technology, then upcoming and you will find it.

The link from digg goes directly to this image on photobucket.

I do not even own photoshop (lol, why would I since I dont know how to use it)

I am just a messanger, dont kill me,

btw, not all n00bs try to photoshop trick people

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I really think thats a photoshop it just does not look right. I don't think they would use the exact same interface as front row and the DVD thing. The black would just make it unlike an ipod. But its hard to say what the interface will be.

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
I'm excited but after reading the flaws (iDVD, Apple Logo right on the edge) I'm sure it's fake.

Chances are "the stars" would also include the new iPod nano.

Selax77

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2006
Emrtr4 said:
IT is possible it is photoshop which I admitted too.

I found it on Digg.com

go to technology, then upcoming and you will find it.

The link from digg goes directly to this image on photobucket.

I do not even own photoshop (lol, why would I since I dont know how to use it)

I am just a messanger, dont kill me,

btw, not all n00bs try to photoshop trick people

i cant find it in upcoming on digg.com in the tech section

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
nightdweller25 said:
Looks very Pohotshooped, nevertheless, I can't wait till Tuesday.:D
It amazing how something we may never even own makes us excited.....I am excited too!!!:D

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Fake.

I'm actually expecting something more interesting from a design standpoint for the next-gen iPod. A current-gen model with a full-face screen seems too easy.

timswim78

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2006
Baltimore, MD
It could be something other than an Ipod. It's kind of hard to tell from the photo. It almost looks like it is some type of LCD on a stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.