Full size Bluetooth mouse with USB recharge

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nimr0d, Jan 31, 2006.

1. nimr0d macrumors member

Hello...long time reader, first time poster. I'm getting a macbook pro in a few weeks, and i'm looking for a Full-size bluetooth mouse that can be recharged by plugging it into a USB port. When i say fullsized, i dont mean one of those crazy logitec mice that have like 40 buttons and weigh 2 pounds, just think like a default 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel. But i want one that when the batteries start dying, i can just plug in a plug into the top of the mouse and into the USB port so i can keep working while its charging...any ideas?

I found a bunch of mouses that will do this, but they're all mini mouses, which are too small for me. thanks!

2. arcsbite Guest

No idea, sorry, but I am intrigued by the idea, I hope someone can advise you on getting one...may pick one up myself too.

3. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I can't offer much advice their. I only know of the logitech mx900 which charges through a cradle. Unfortunately it has 40 buttons and weighs 2 pounds though :)p). This sounds a great idea (a bit like PS3 controller style), what were the mini mice you saw that offered this feature?

4. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Unfortunately, you're almost guaranteed not to find anything designed for desktop use. This is because the batteries last a week or two at a time, and you can just drop it in the cradle overnight and by doing so, you'll almost never get the "batteries in the mouse are low" warning message.

Of course, I never put my mouse in the cradle until I get that little popup reminder message, so it's not that you don't have a good idea. It's just that the mouse already has a cradle, so they probably just opt not to complicate things further.

I keep a wired MX510 on hand for when I need to travel or to charge my trusty MX700. They're essentially the same mouse, so I don't even notice (except for the weight difference). That's the best solution I've come up with in the past several years.

5. samwithoutaname macrumors newbie

Clicker Stingray

I believe that the clicker stingray is what you're looking for. It used to be listed at blueessentials.com but they no longer appear to have any, or at least it's not listed. It was a fullsized, bluetooth mouse with a scrollwheel, and it had a usb cable you would plug in to recharge the batteries. You could use it while recharging. I'm also looking for this type of mouse but have been unable to find it anywhere. If you search for "clicker stingray" and look at the google cache of the blueessentials site, you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you find anything similar to this, please let me know, as this is exactly what I'm looking for.

6. sionide21 macrumors newbie

sionide21

Smawithoutaname,

I looked at that google cached page and that mouse looked an awful lot like this one:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT600.aspx:D

Hope this helps. (This was the one I was considering getting as well)

--Sionide21