Full sized Apple laptop style keyboards?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cattywampus_, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502

Hi.

I am sick to the back teeth of my Apple keyboard. It makes far too much noise when typing and the keys i feel a little too unresponsive (specially the Enter key which sometimes stick as I hit it with my little finger (UK version))

Ideally, what I want is the layout of the Apple Keyboard, but the keys to be laptop style keys - that are a hell of a lot quiter to type on, and that are much better for typing. When typing on my laptops I type like 20% quicker.

Does anyone know of such a keyboard?

2. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers. Looks a bit fugly - but am looking into this one.

Any more?

3. iBenzin macrumors member

I used to have one of them, too bad i preffered the apple KB to the slim one.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. aliasfox macrumors member

Logitech

Logitech has a wireless setup... the S530 I think it's called. White with a command key. It's a little soft and has a chintzy built in wristrest, but it's quite similar to a laptop keyboard.

If you want to save $10 or more, the S510 I think is the same keyboard with a different mouse, and not Mac specific. Not entirely sure if everything works seemlessly though.

6. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502

7. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

The black one looks snazzy from what I can see...

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I wanted the Macally one but it is corded. I love my BT one. The Tactile Pro is by far the best keyboard I've ever used, but never owned. I wouldn't spend $150 on a keyboard as I already type hard and do not find any real reason to bother with such an expensive keyboard. I would love a full size keyboard that is like my powerbook. That would be sexy and snappy all in one.

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Scan.co.uk has a decent selection. Windows of course but the key functions are basically the same. You'll need to look for the UK PC keyboard layout on Versiontracker as well.

I use the ACK-5000HL for Win & Mac. It's got scissor-style keys, 2 USB ports and working volume controls on a Mac (doesn't work properly on PC's which is ironic).

10. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502

For anyone interested :

Got my Macally Icekey today. Very very nice keyboard. Lovely soft keys , ultra quiet. very impressed.! :)

11. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Oh yeah. That's the same as the 5000HL. Only without the backlighting.