Fullscreen apps / Battery life

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Shawk93, Apr 20, 2013.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2013
    #1
    Hey there guys,

    1. I was just wondering whether the fullscreen use of programs/apps(like Spotify, Skype, iTunes) drains more battery life than just the windowed mode. Is that the case?:confused:
    2. I heard the rumor that Macs are super advanced in battery management as they only use the power supply after the battery is on 100%. Is that true?:confused:
     
  2. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #2
    1. Full screen mode should not have an effect on battery life, unless the application uses more CPU and other resources when in full screen mode.

    2. They also use the power supply while not being charged to 100 %.

    ______________________________________________________
    This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    Apple Notebook Battery FAQ by GGJstudios
    The F.A.Q. includes the following topics:
    • BATTERY INFORMATION
    • BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE
    • AC POWER
    • CALIBRATION
    • BATTERY LIFESPAN
    • CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH
    • CHARGING
    • WHAT IS A CYCLE?
    • BATTERIES ARE NOT COVERED
    • BULGING OR SWELLING BATTERY


    ______________________________________________________
     
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2013
    #3
    1. Thanks!
    2. I actually meant after they're fully loaded. I was just wondering whether it's 100%->99%->100%->99% aso or it stays at 100% and the mac drains the necessary power only from the supply itself without any involvement of the battery.
     
  4. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #4
    Once the battery is fully charged, which begins at 96%, the rest of the charge (the remaining 4%) might vary, thus the Mac is sometimes fully charged at 96%, 97%, 98%, 99% or 100%. It is NOT A DEFECT.

    Also make sure to read the FAQ I linked to.
     

Share This Page