FullScreen Wolfenstein on 17" iMac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Swinny, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Swinny macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Hi all...

I've got RTCW and have been playing it on my iMac...is absolultey great...the only "problem" I'm having is that I can't play the game in fullscreen on any res higher than 640x480...I've played it on the higher settings and it still runs a treat on all modes the iMac can handle but not fullscreen, only with black-bars.

...Am I asking too much, or does anyone know how I can get fullscreen playback in a higher res?

Cheers one and all.
  2. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2001
    black bars appear because your iMac's screen aspect ratio is 16:10 and 1024*768 resolution is 4:3, it has to have those bars..

but I think there is a way to run the game fullscreen:

in your RTCW folder open "Main folder", now open "wolfconfig.cfg" file and modify following lines in it:
    seta r_customheight "1440"
    seta r_customwidth "900"
    and then save document
    i dont know if your mac can handle playing rtcw at such high resolution so if that will be slow put it to 1152 x 720
  3. Swinny thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I realised all that...tried the change in the config as well...unfortunately doesnt work...may just be that the iMac/ game engine can only handle "stretching" the game at 640x460...have run at 1152x720 as well (the highest game-native res the iMac will support) and still runs a dream, just not in fullscreen unfortuantely.

hohum...cheers for the help anyway :)