Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
T

thejazzman10

Original poster
i saw this in macaddict, and would like to share this with you guys.

open terminal, and type emacs. then press esc+x, and type snake. when you are done, type pong. then doctor. then gomoku.....you get hours of UNIX fun! ....the doctor one is REally demented

T

thejazzman10

Original poster
realityisterror said:
cool!! i'll check it out!
what issue of mac addict was this?
if it was april, i need to read more carefully...

reality

no, this was sometime last year....i really need to organize my magazines more carefully.....it is probably in the black hole a.k.a my closet :D

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
he he. looks like fun. :) i'll have to try those out later.

everyone here know about the other things in emacs? Dr. Eliza & Zippy the pinhead??

that's been mentioned in the forums here before... ;) :D

parenthesis

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2003
Here and there
thejazzman10 said:
i saw this in macaddict, and would like to share this with you guys.

open terminal, and type emacs. then press esc+x, and type snake. when you are done, type pong. then doctor. then gomoku.....you get hours of UNIX fun! ....the doctor one is REally demented

I told the doctor that I was raped.... and he started asking me about my sex life. Very scary

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
Yes, this is great for wasting time. I generally play around with this when I don't have an internet connection and nothing to do on my computer. IMO emacs has too much irrelevant stuff. Now I only use emacs for the games, and never for the text editor. It's probably the same with many people. How sad.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
hey! even i managed to get this working and its the first time i have evr opened terminal! the doctor was not helpful in helping my dry hand problem!!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
jeffy.dee-lux said:
can someone tell me what emacs is?

It is an extensible programmer's text editor. To me, it's the finest of the free editors and as good as most commercial editors. It has a subset of the A.I. programming language LISP and can do practically anything, including games.

There is a version called micro emacs which is small enough to fit on a diskette with a lot of space left over.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
MN
bousozoku said:
It is an extensible programmer's text editor. To me, it's the finest of the free editors and as good as most commercial editors. It has a subset of the A.I. programming language LISP and can do practically anything, including games.

There is a version called micro emacs which is small enough to fit on a diskette with a lot of space left over.

Tried but could not get it to work.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
scifi451 said:
Tried but could not get it to work.

Tried what? You found a version of micro emacs for another system that doesn't work? Can't get emacs to work?

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2003
bousozoku said:
Tried what? You found a version of micro emacs for another system that doesn't work? Can't get emacs to work?

I can't get emacs to work either. i get command not found. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.