All iPads Fun With Baldur's Gate...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Philalbe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 11, 2010
    Greater Boston Area
    Hi. I recently read an article online about how to import custom portraits into Baldur's Gate for iPad using a program called ifun box. For the heck of it I decided to stuff a BG2 character file into the "Characters" folder on my iPad. I then started a new game and chose "import". To my surprise I was able to flawlessly import my ultra powerful BG2 character, despite the low lvl/experience cap of BG1. Strangely enough all my high level spells carried over too, even though I wasn't aware they even existed in the first game; Time Stop, Bigby's Crushing Fist etc. Just thought I'd share my nerdy delight:p I'll include a screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2010
    Central CA
    Huh? Wow...I'll have to see if I can get my old BG 1 character off my Lombard...
  3. macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2013
    Wow! Could you please provide the details

Hello! What you've done is really amazing! I am a hugh fan of Baldur's Gate and have a long history with my old character. If it is possible to import it to iPad version of BG - it would be great. Could you please provide a detailed instruction how to do it? Specifically, how to access character folder on iPad and to copy character file from PC version of BG! Thanks a lot in advance!!