Fun With Icons -- Who Has Fun With Those Little Guys?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bobber205, Jan 25, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Do you like changing the beatufil Mas OS X icons into different icons?

Right now all that's set is my Hard Drive. It looks like a revolution. (black).

:D :D :D

2. balofagus macrumors regular

Sure do

*FIRST POST*

I've spent all day today working on changing my icons on my new iBook G4. All I need now is to find some icons for the apps on my dock...I might have to make them. I like to play with the look of my OS (up til now I've been using Windows, am loving the switch),

3. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Yup, changed mine. At the moment I've got white folders, some rounded drive icons, a transparent trash, but haven't changed the finder!

::20ROGERSC::

EXTRA: How about making a thread where everyone can post their iContainers if they use CandyBar, so people can have a play with different icons? Just a suggestion?

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

I have white icons for most folders, /Users, /Applications and others - when you have a white background in Finder windows, folders with unusual icons, apps, and files tend to stick out while all the other folders sort of "disappear"
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/chix0r/whiteicons.jpg

and also, my Finder icon (a bit hard to see, but the only screenshot i had right now that showed it) is Clarus the Dogcow (re: my avatar), and my trash can is a white can with black stuff overflowing from it.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/chix0r/wtfpixel.jpg

i love playing with icons :)

5. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

They're the exact same folders as mine! Although they're the only part of that set which I use. If anyone else is interested, they're the Puft System iContainer.

6. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I recently changed my finder icons using candybar. However, I only have a trial version of candybar, so I'm not sure what happens when that runs out

[​IMG]

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'll check out candybar but i've never really change my icons.

Bless

8. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

I clicked on the windows download button (Im on wondows right now)... but when i tried to unzip them it asks for a password, is that normal?

9. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

I've just tried to download them on windoze pc, and unzipped them fine, so I'm guessing that it's not normal! So sorry can't help you there!?

PM me with your email address, and I'll zip the folder up again and see if it works.

10. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

It's probably because i'm using Win ME.... I just used the "extract all" feature after right clicking the folder.

11. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

I haven't changed the default icons (for the most part), but I've tinkered around with some of the others. I keep a number of specialty folders in my dock, each of which has a unique icon. Also, can you spot my Mail and iPhoto icons?

Attached Files:

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

One of the first things I do with a new Mac or after a reinstall is to change the icons – I'm not overly keen on the default Apple ones, to be honest. For a while I've been using the World of Aqua Rev 2 icons from the Iconfactory – clean and simple, just how I like 'em.

Attached Files:

13. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I changed Macintosh HD to just Macintosh, and gave it a G5 tower icon. I have a folder on my desktop called Uni, where i put all of my school stuff.

I use Apple's icon for my iPod.

All the desktop icons are set to 96x96.

Attached Files: