Functionality of Optional Build-in Bluetooth with KB and Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by k28, Dec 14, 2004.

1. k28 macrumors member

I plan to order iMac G5. I just wondering if anyone using Optional Build-in Bluetooth with KB and Mouse, are they working smoothly? especially on iMac G5? Is it good enough to use with highly detail photoshop editing or illustration?

Any other recommendation for buying new iMac G5?

Thank a lot guys :)

2. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

I bought the Wireless Mouse two days ago (intended to get the keyboard too, but my brainy friend managed to pick up the normal keyboard by mistake, so i need to return it +£20 for the wireless one *sigh*) and yeah, it's good enough for photo editing. Though it very occasionally makes a small movement glitch, it's not really any kind of problem (unless, perhaps, you're talkign about gaming and stretching the bluetooth link)
    I'm loving the mouse - the wire always annoys me and restricts my movement so it's perfect. It's built in and easy to get running, you can even check your battery status in the system prefs. If you're not going to be moving the keyboard aways from near the screen, only the wireless mouse is needed, but it's nice to have both :)
    btw, the wireless mouse looks 10x better than the normal mouse IMO. it's glossy white, other than that basically the same but somehow a lot cooler - a white pod that glides around the desk that moves the mouse for you :)

3. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Oh, one more thing for buying a new iMac, though obvious - upgrade the RAM. 512 is the minimum you should have imo, but you get nice performance increases up to a Gb of RAM. www.dealram.com is good.

4. mpw Guest

My BT mouse seems to working just as well as it did with my external USB adapter and iBook.

The only thing is it seemed to use a set of batteries in the first ten days where the iBook kept going for 4-6weeks. It could've been a fluke or dud batteries but if that continues I'll be pissed.