Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
can 2 folders combine to become one?

Say I approach a member to change their name to xxxxxxxxxbeeef and I change my name to that too, would we be starting over at zero or retain the higher value and combine to a higher numer, like a team within a team?

Maybe the NC folks combine or such as an example......

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
As far as I know if you change names/teams you get to start over from 0. I don't believe there is a way to transfer points from one name to another.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
At the forums at the folding sight. They say not even to ask about combing teams, or players.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
atszyman said:
As far as I know if you change names/teams you get to start over from 0. I don't believe there is a way to transfer points from one name to another.

I realize I would lose my points because stubeeef would no longer exist, but if the highest scorer of the two added letters to their name would they start over?

If you added beeef to the end of your name, do your points go away? Once again I realize mine would never advance because I would change my name to the same as yours, get it? I would be assigning my processors to the new name and the new name would have their processors plus mine.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Dreadnought said:
You can start all over then. The list is based on one of a kind names. If you change your name, only with one letter, your a "new" folder.

Doh! :eek:

In the words of Gilda Radner, "Never mind." :D

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
stubeeef said:
Maybe the NC folks combine or such as an example......

That's an excellent idea! The NC folks name will be RugoseCone

Except all the other NC folders will have to settle for a Georgian in the group. I hope that's okay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.