funky question

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by stubeeef, Mar 31, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

can 2 folders combine to become one?

Say I approach a member to change their name to xxxxxxxxxbeeef and I change my name to that too, would we be starting over at zero or retain the higher value and combine to a higher numer, like a team within a team?

Maybe the NC folks combine or such as an example......

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

As far as I know if you change names/teams you get to start over from 0. I don't believe there is a way to transfer points from one name to another.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

At the forums at the folding sight. They say not even to ask about combing teams, or players.

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I realize I would lose my points because stubeeef would no longer exist, but if the highest scorer of the two added letters to their name would they start over?

If you added beeef to the end of your name, do your points go away? Once again I realize mine would never advance because I would change my name to the same as yours, get it? I would be assigning my processors to the new name and the new name would have their processors plus mine.

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

You can start all over then. The list is based on one of a kind names. If you change your name, only with one letter, your a "new" folder.

6. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Doh! :eek:

In the words of Gilda Radner, "Never mind." :D

7. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

That's an excellent idea! The NC folks name will be RugoseCone

Except all the other NC folders will have to settle for a Georgian in the group. I hope that's okay?