Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Excellent...the follow-up auction to occur for when the "son" graduates H.S.:

"SOB (formerly known as SIQ) for sale - $3000" :D

BaDBoY

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2003
California
lol... that was an interesting read. and that pen for sale... hahah i wonder if some idiot would actually bid on that. Strongly doubt it though. you can buy a whole box of those for less than .99

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
So when son-in-question asks to borrow this car to go to the prom in it I agree, so I sit him down and explain THE RULES of which I expect him to abide by in my car. No speeding, no DRINKING, and no one else goes with you in the car. His head goes off a-nodding like he understands and promises me that he, his date, and my car are all in safe hands.
I sympathise with him....I lent my car to my college roommate exactly once. She had a job interview, her VW Bug was on the fritz, and I was taking the bus to work, so I wouldn't need the car that day. Well aware of her aggressive driving habits, I made her promise and swear that she wouldn't drive my car as if it was her own, that she would be careful, that she'd not tailgate or screech away from lights or quick-change lanes or any of the other stuff she usually did.

So, of course, she made it a block from the house before rear-ending a pickup.

The hood was completely bent, one headlight shattered, the grille damaged, and the bumper dented. Her excuse: the windshield, when hit by the early morning sunlight, prevented her from seeing the pickup because it was in the shadow of a tree, because *I* didn't keep my windshield clean enough. She only looked away for a second, honest!!

Insurance paid everything, but needless to say she never asked to borrow my car again. :D It's one of those stories we laugh about now.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I remember that Ford very well. A classmate of mine owned one in red with the black convertible top. A nice ride during the summer.

Note to remember if you are listing on eBay, don't use the product.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
A few months back, somebody put up for sale a jar of toothpaste. Yes. A jar. They had taken God knows how many tubes of Aquafresh toothpaste and squeezed them into a massive glass jar.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
A guy who works for Alias told me today that somebody put a sphere modeled in Maya up for auction. This is the most primitive 3D shape, one which anyone using Maya could create in a split second. Yet somebody was getting bids for it!

I did a search just now, and it doesn't appear to be in eBay anymore. Too bad.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Doctor Q said:
A guy who works for Alias told me today that somebody put a sphere modeled in Maya up for auction. This is the most primitive 3D shape, one which anyone using Maya could create in a split second. Yet somebody was getting bids for it!

I did a search just now, and it doesn't appear to be in eBay anymore. Too bad.

That is too bad, I was thinking that it would be nice to see what it look's like. Do you know how much was the selling price?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
wdlove said:
That is too bad, I was thinking that it would be nice to see what it look's like. Do you know how much was the selling price?
I don't know the price it was selling for. But here are some shapes I made in Maya. It took many seconds to make these three wireframe objects, and they must be worth at least 3 times a single sphere. I'll sell 'em for millions! ;)

Attachments

• shapes.jpg
    shapes.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 65
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.