Funniest Ebay Auction in a while

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mattroberts, Jun 17, 2004.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its a long read, but funny, and very interesting LOL - typical teen

2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

That's hilarious. Too bad the auction ended.....he could have made a pretty penny.

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

4. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Excellent...the follow-up auction to occur for when the "son" graduates H.S.:

"SOB (formerly known as SIQ) for sale - $3000" :D

6. sonyrules macrumors regular

Thats funny ,and the way he puts it.. Its a wonder no one bought the tickets.

7. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

8. BaDBoY macrumors member

lol... that was an interesting read. and that pen for sale... hahah i wonder if some idiot would actually bid on that. Strongly doubt it though. you can buy a whole box of those for less than .99

9. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    every once in a while my friend does a search on eBay for "used meat". he can't seem to find any... odd... i think he's just insane. :D

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Aw man, I live not too far away from there! Well, $100 to see a band I'm not really interested in...

However, if they were Metallica or Primus tix... :D

11. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I sympathise with him....I lent my car to my college roommate exactly once. She had a job interview, her VW Bug was on the fritz, and I was taking the bus to work, so I wouldn't need the car that day. Well aware of her aggressive driving habits, I made her promise and swear that she wouldn't drive my car as if it was her own, that she would be careful, that she'd not tailgate or screech away from lights or quick-change lanes or any of the other stuff she usually did.

So, of course, she made it a block from the house before rear-ending a pickup.

The hood was completely bent, one headlight shattered, the grille damaged, and the bumper dented. Her excuse: the windshield, when hit by the early morning sunlight, prevented her from seeing the pickup because it was in the shadow of a tree, because *I* didn't keep my windshield clean enough. She only looked away for a second, honest!!

Insurance paid everything, but needless to say she never asked to borrow my car again. :D It's one of those stories we laugh about now.

12. orangedv macrumors member

Do you think his wife realises he has called her a bitch on several occasions?

13. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yup.

Read the apology at the bottom of his page.

14. parenthesis macrumors member

15. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
  16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I remember that Ford very well. A classmate of mine owned one in red with the black convertible top. A nice ride during the summer.

Note to remember if you are listing on eBay, don't use the product.

17. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Now that is an item that I could really bid on. Looks like a really nice taxidermy job.

19. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

A few months back, somebody put up for sale a jar of toothpaste. Yes. A jar. They had taken God knows how many tubes of Aquafresh toothpaste and squeezed them into a massive glass jar.

20. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

A guy who works for Alias told me today that somebody put a sphere modeled in Maya up for auction. This is the most primitive 3D shape, one which anyone using Maya could create in a split second. Yet somebody was getting bids for it!

I did a search just now, and it doesn't appear to be in eBay anymore. Too bad.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is too bad, I was thinking that it would be nice to see what it look's like. Do you know how much was the selling price?

22. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I don't know the price it was selling for. But here are some shapes I made in Maya. It took many seconds to make these three wireframe objects, and they must be worth at least 3 times a single sphere. I'll sell 'em for millions! ;)

Attached Files: