Funny: Apple charged my CC $11,178 for my MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by getyup, Jul 23, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

I had a nice little surprise when I checked my credit card statement. LOL. I ordered 1, and they inadvertently charged me for 9 due to a credit card system processing glitch. Now I'm glad I used my credit card and not my debit card.

$1,242 x 9 card hits = $11,178 pending charges on my card. They gave me a nice gesture of compensation and communicated that they've discovered the issue and have resolved it and when the authorizations settle the only will post 1 charge, hehe.

Thought it was a little funny (not at first, but now) and share my story, lol. See what happens when computers run the world :)

2. macrumors 65816

Oppressed

For that kind of money I would hope it comes with a dedicated graphics card.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd hope they packed a Genius in the box for that price, hahahaha.

4. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Would you REALLY want a genius? Ya'd have too feed it, provide a cage with some water and ripped up paper and to boot they're useless when it comes to fixing Macs.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought they have magsafe adaptors and just plug in behind the counter? heh

6. macrumors 6502

Some hot genius at that :)

7. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I wish. Man, I hate geniuses. They all march up your leg and then start biting the inside of your "butt"... Kinda like rainbows

8. macrumors 6502

:eek: thats one expensive Air who knows you might be getting the 10th generation of the Air for that price. Maybe even throw in an iPhone 7 for ya. :rolleyes:

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you have crabs, hehe

10. macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Lol that's one expensive MBA

11. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I guess that's what I get for making a South Park reference :p (a bad one at that) :p

12. macrumors 6502a

Elven

I would want it hand delivered by Jessica Alba in a thong, for 11k

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry I stopped watching 10 years ago when it stopped being funny, lol.

14. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Sorry, that'll be at least 15k... 11k only gets you Charlie Sheen

15. macrumors 6502

LOL Jessica in a thong...

Should've paid 1k more and get her without a thong :)

Seriously though, I know what happened.
    The OP had a weekend in Las Vegas and now is trying to hide the charges... Cheeky. We are onto you :)

16. thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, that'd be one amazing weekend in vegas, haha

17. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

That's actually from one of the first episodes (Cartman Gets and Anal Probe)

I did the same thing but I recently got back into it. I REALLY like the new stuff... anyways. :p

Do you mind if I ask how Apple compensated for that type of error? (Aside from refunding the improper charges)

18. thread starter macrumors 6502

Then ended up calling CapitalOne and there really isn't much that can be done except wait out for them to fall off the account. They ended up crediting me back $300 plus the overnight shipping cost plus sent me $100 of accessories (magic trackpad and a magic mouse).

Turned out to be a good deal, but a big pain to spend all that time (3-4 hours) on the phone with them and CapitalOne investigating. I'm happy they took responsibility finally and gave me a very generous credit as a huge apology.

19. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

That's pretty good! I'd be pleased. Glad it worked out that way for ya. :apple:

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm very happy they went a little heavy on the compensation. So many times companies screw up big time and just give a little coupon or something. They were way more generous than they had to be, but it certainly keeps them in great standing in my mind.

21. macrumors 6502

Worked out nicely!

22. macrumors 6502

:eek: you made $100 an hour, I wish they could make a mistake like that on my credit card charge... Actually once there was a problem and the rep promised me free apple earphones and I never got them :mad::mad::mad:

23. macrumors member

They didn't charge me until a day after it shipped, I was hoping I would get one for free :( still though I'm jealous of you getting the free stuff!

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the downside is I'm unable to use my credit card for a week, haha

25. macrumors member

I'm a university student and live with my parents, rarely use my CC anyway :p Yeah I guess if you're living off on your own though it would really suck, no food and what not. But did they charge it or was it just pending? I would think that the CC could cancel the pending ones couldn't they?