Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
L

Lau

I love stuff like this. It reminds me of the kind of stuff me and my friends used to get up to when we were at school — things that are hard to set up, take a huge amount of planning, are fun and harmless(ish) and generally get people all worked up but they're not sure why. :D

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
It amazes me the amount of effort people will put into something as pointless as this. Just writing the story itself was more effort than the whole gig was worth.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I often wear Apple T-shirts, and sometimes I'm wearing one when I visit Apple retail stores. If people come up and ask me questions, I give them the answer. But I don't have dozens of other co-conspirators!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Doctor Q said:
I often wear Apple T-shirts, and sometimes I'm wearing one when I visit Apple retail stores. If people come up and ask me questions, I give them the answer. But I don't have dozens of other co-conspirators!
I've on occasions worn my old style Apple cap to the Apple dealer in Bergen... and that really throws the staff off... they have now idea how to deal with that - or me, for that matter... :D

attachment.php

Found the image of it over in the Apple Clothes thread... :)

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Those guys totally stole my idea!! I still have my best buy shirts from that dark and strange period in my life, and I am always tempted to wander in wearing it and see what happens...when I worked there I wouldn't have known an interloper from a real employee, there were too many and I worked in the warehouse too much of the time.

In addition, I always wanted to wear the best buy shirt when I worked at Borders. maybe for halloween or something, as a test of whether the nametag or the shirt color registered first in a customer's mind.

Anyhow, I think that it was sort of funny, but the joke stopped being funny 3/4 of the way through the page.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
question fear said:
Those guys totally stole my idea!!.

They just got there before you did - next time do it !

Improve Everywere is a genius idea! I have been following their antics for a year, and they are extremely impressive. Think French Situationalists. or Dada, or the Surveillance Camera Theatre Play,,,, Absolutely brilliant stuff. Thank you mgargan1 for bringing this to the forum.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
They also pulled off a Home Depot prank where the participants shopped in slow motion, and at a pre-determined time, they would all freeze for 5 minutes or so.

Got the employees excited and management angry.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I liked that, although I think it'd be more fun to bring some rare-earth magnets and go into the monitor section of best buy :D. That or get "TV-be-gone" and start randomly shutting off best buy TVs :D.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Funny, but too much work. I would take part in it, but wouldn't go through the trouble of organizing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.