Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I just recieved the April 2003 edition of T3 magazine, and on page 126 I found a letter from a reader that really made me laugh...
Originally written by dumb-ass PC user in T3:
For some time now, I've been pondering whether it's possible to convert a PC to a Mac, since I have a perfectly good hard drive that's sitting redundant. The Windows set-up is bogging me down and I've been egging to convert for ages. So, doing the obvious thing, I visited Apple's website to find out how. This was a waste of four hours of my life since their support section on this topic is about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. I went fishing for people who could help but, alas, no-one has proved useful. So, I ask you, is there any way of creating and Apple Mac running on Mac OS X from a PC that used to run Windows 98?
Can this guy get any more stupid? :eek:
He even starts slagging of Apple's support site for not telling him the answer to this most stupid of questions, un-real!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, if you don't really know the difference between an Apple and a PC (as this guy obviously doesn't) you are a disadvantage...;)

Did anyone respond?

D

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2003
Did anyone respond?

Yeah, the T3 staff did, but I can't be asked to sit and type it all out

YA they responded: you are a tit go away

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by waynepixel
YA they responded: you are a tit go away
Excuse me? Who the hell do u think u are telling me to go away, huh newbie?
Go find a new forum to be an arse in...prick! :mad:

edit: BTW, what's the matter with you? Can't you see the 'quote' button :rolleyes:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by jMc
I believe what our esteemed colleague was trying to say was that was probably T3's answer to the original letter writer...

I don't think he mean't you ;)

jx
mmmm...possibly, though I (and vniow) didn't read it like that. If that is what was ment then fine, if not, I stand by my earlier post :D

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
You can turn an Apple ][e into a pee-cee :cool:

Some people are just that blunt about computers, or rather, Macs. He'll probably find out that he has to buy a Mac, and will start bitching, and probably stay in his windows world, and suffer a horrible painful, uh, a horrible, painful something... not death, though... ;)

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by jMc
I believe what our esteemed colleague was trying to say was that was probably T3's answer to the original letter writer...

jx

Yea, I read it the same. 'Ya, they reponded: go away you tit'

Sounds like he's posting the response from the T3 staff to me.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's easy to turn a PC into a Mac:

Spare parts to get:

* old Mac system with internal or external CD-ROM drive

* Mac-compatible internal hard disk, which could come with the old Mac, come from the PC, or be obtained elsewhere

* Mac-compatible mouse and keyboard

* legal copy of Mac OS on CD-ROM

Instructions:

1. Install the hard disk in the Mac, if not already installed there.

2. Use the PC power cord to plug in the Mac.

3. Disconnect the monitor from the PC and cable it to the Mac.

4. Boot from the Mac OS CD-ROM and install Mac OS on the hard drive.

5. Take the rest of the PC to a recycling center.

Presto - you have converted a PC to a Mac! I know it works because I have done it myself.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Originally posted by jMc

jx

Yeah, i heard it that way two (granted it took about 3 time to though - its just badly written :))

Anyways, he should throw out his PC and BUY a mac, support a good cause.... :D

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2003
I was posting the response from the T3 staff.

And yes I do have a Mac. I have had mac's for over 13 years.

Do you peaple get sacaseim

Cheese

macrumors 6502
I'm on waynepixel's side, not because we are newbie's, but because he was making an attempt at humor...the only expense of which was perhaps the bloke who sent the letter to T3 in the first place. I think we can all agree that he deserved it. I feel certain that there was no ill meaning sent towards any member of our fine forum. As for turning a peecee into a mac... why not get some parts from a porsche to turn a corolla into a 929? I've got a Stanza that I could donate for the sacrificial lamb to this experiment! Remember, we are all newbies at least once.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by waynepixel
I was posting the response from the T3 staff.

And yes I do have a Mac. I have had mac's for over 13 years.

Do you peaple get sacaseim
Ok, fair enough. But your post was not clear at all, and could (and was) taken the wrong way.

Anyway, moving on....PEACE DUDE! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.