Funny iPod ad

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shifty, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Shifty macrumors regular

Here's a little something I came across

Attached Files:

2. Independence macrumors regular

if i remember right, Dell's music player also got slammed for having a non-replacable battery.

3. Shifty thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the problem with the Dell DJ was of it's non-replaceble battery, which has a short-life, anyway.

I believe the new iPods do have a replacable battery now.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

With Apple's it is possible to pry it open and replace the battery, voids warranty, whole deal, but it is possible. And if nothing else you can always strap that AA battery pack thing on it. Does the Dell POS have those options?

5. Shifty thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, yeah. I've heard about that. I think it's on Apple's website.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

God mac people are always so defensive... Just because Dells player has flaws doesn't mean we can discount apple's flaws.

That was a great idea for a spoof.

scem0

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

of course... apple is the sh*t! every other company who makes computers or software needs to bow down to them. why is that shocking? sure apple has some flaws but nothings perfect. for those that want close to perfection theres apple. get a grip. get a life. get a mac! that suits me just fine and it should do the same for everyone else. so its appropriate to say that the iPod is the best damn mp3 player out there and when a flaw emerges it should make the news. just like when a flaw emerges with a well written and wonderfully directed movie.

well let me go find some more tequilla.

8. Shifty thread starter macrumors regular

Damn right.

Apple makes a revolutionary product such as the iPod, other companies try to imitate it, but they still can't get it right.

We're not saying that Apple is perfect 100%, but they still beat other companies, who can't make anything as good as.

I do understand where this image is coming from, anyway.

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think (for a change) scem0's above post is my favorite so far in the thread, for trying to even out the Mac zealots. Shifty implies a similar evening out, which is nice . . . compared to the k-fyter's -->"every other company who makes computers or software needs to bow down to them."<--

I used to say things like that, though.

I'm not taking this personally, because I also read k-fyter's comment -->"for those that want close to perfection theres apple"<-- which I think most appropriately explains how the "ad" generated. Particularly in humor, as previously mentioned.

Then again, one could exaggerate the "weight" of the iPod by its cost and place a 20Kg child holding the iPod on a scale, which then breaks. :D :D

10. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

OK.... lets have a history lesson.
    Apple first GUI? are you old enough to remember? They stole the idea from Xerox Parc. OK no lets take there current GUI, OS X. OS X is based on a variant of UNIX called BSD, invented by Berkely. Granted, Apple has made into a slick OS, but Apple owes a lot of their success to other ppl. So who should be bowing down to who? Apple does control the market in personal mp3 players, but is far from controling the market in personal computers.

11. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Who needs the history lesson? :rolleyes: Apple PAID for the right to use Xerox's GUI idea. Apple gave them shares of Apple, which in turn made them rich when the Macintosh became popular.

12. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

that's one of the funniest spoofs i've seen yet:p
    i think we also need to point out flaws, especially when selling apple because then people think that they're stupid because you never mentioned anything about it.

13. Shifty thread starter macrumors regular

14. medea macrumors 68030

medea

well they are probably eating their words as apple now DOES offer a program to replace the battery.....

15. Shifty thread starter macrumors regular

Really? COOL! But nothing will stop me from purchasing an iPod anyway.

I really want one so badly!