Funny kind of truce...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, May 31, 2004.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/31/iraq.main/index.html

Am I missing something here? 100 US soldiers with tanks carry out a three-pronged "reconnaissance mission" in a civilian area? 45 "insurgents" killed? This is a truce?

How do we know they were "insurgents"? How does the US Army know? Did they see them holding a "wedding"? Do they call them "insurgents" because they assume most people don't know what an "insurgent" is? They probably assume - and probably rightly - that most people just hear the "in-" bit and think it means these people are "surging in" from outside, from other countries.

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I think if you have a gun you are an insurgent.

Watch out all of you gun owners in the US! When we are invaded because we posess WMD (which we actually do) you will be insurgents!

3. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Saddam invaded Kuwait and when we beat him out of there he agreed in a peace treaty to not have any wmd's of any type. We didn't invade because he had wmd's we invaded because he violated the peace treaty by not proving he was getting rid of wmd's. Not the same thing.

You sign a peace treaty you follow it or else. Unless a Democrat is in charge.

4. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Interesting how you changed to to "proving he was getting rid of the WMD's" I'm certain a year ago it would have been "proving" part wouldn't have been there.

So when do we go to Libya and North Korea and all the other countries who have invaded other smaller countries and who have WMD's. And who is going to take us out since we have invaded other countries and have WMD's? Who? China?