Funny Mac Stories -- LOL

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, Mar 29, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Ok. Ok. I must post this.

My good friend just dissed and dissed macs because she always get the "spinning rainbow of death" or the beachball.

She only likes Photoshop better on macs instead of PCs. And she said that Windows takes only a 10th of the harddrive space as macs.

What should I shoot back at her next time she starts dissing macs?

She obviously has no idea what it actually takes to make a computer run... ;)

2. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

<capitalization fascist>

It's Mac! :mad: ;) :p

</capitalization fascist>

Ignore her. It's not worth wasting your time.

3. Togglehead macrumors 6502

Just tell her youd rather spend your time USING your machine, rather than maintaining it.....

Im a PC guy for years...and Macs just run better....and they WORK.

Two things about Windows to laugh at......
    1. The Registry.....WTF is THAT all about.....seriously.....lets make some REALLY hard to read table of contents for your OS to find stuff, but make it necessary to read the WHOLE thing before it finds what it wants.....oh yeah, and when you remove programs, we'll just leave the reg entries there....so its takes longer, and gets more confusing.....

2. NTFS.....'nuff said

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I consider myself to be someone with a decent sense of humor, but I found nothing funny about - nor did I find any stories in - the original post.

The beachball usually indicates insufficient RAM. Buy more RAM.

As to the 1/10th disk space issue? Even if true (it isn't), is she that concerned that OS X, when fully installed, uses about $5 worth of the hard disk?

5. juicedus macrumors member

Obviously you do.

6. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

:confused: :confused:

7. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

8. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

This is false advertisement. Where are the funny Mac stories? I want to hear about dropped iMacs rolling down the stairs like boulders. I want to hear about people dropping iPods into toilets. ;)

9. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

OK. This friend of mine, he is a real looser when it comes to technology, well, he rolled his iMac down the stairs like a boulder. And we all know boulders and stairs dont usually play well together. And there was this one time when he, and this is the funniest thing ever, well, dropped his iPod into the toilet. Thankfully he had already flushed or else we could have had a new colour for the 'nano - darker than white but not as dark as black - ooooow!

10. Takumi macrumors regular

Agreed

Where's the funny someone using a G3 imac as a door stop, paper weight or boat anchor

Takumi

11. janey macrumors 603

janey

well the ignoring is good advice. her loss.

btw, ntfs doesn't suck THAT much. hfs+ is pretty crappy too (from personal experience, heh)

12. Queso macrumors G4

My old iMac G3 used to make a fart noise after I shut it down. Is that funny?

13. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    How about this? I was talking to someone in the office who needs to buy a new computer.

I asked if they'd considered a Mac to hear the old 'compatability' chestnut re their files.

So I asked which files they were worried about. The ones he was most concerned about his iTunes and music files... he'd apparently not connected Apple and iTunes! :confused:

Hmm, perhaps I should have sent him along to the High Court to prove there aren't enough Apple logos in iTunes?

14. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

LOL - thank you... will you be here all week?

A

15. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Yes, Monday-Saturday till April 7th and matinees on Sunday!

Here is another one. I have this friend, lets call him iAlan - I mean Bob - and I - I mean he - was trying to 'wake' my - I mean his - G5 up from 'sleeping' and I - I mean he - was getting a little impatient cause no matter how much I - I mean he - kept moving the mouse around and pushing the buttons and stuff, the computer just wouldn't 'wake-up'. Anyway, I - I mean he - is such an idiot, the computer was not 'sleeping' it wasn't turned on at all...

16. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Yes, and twice as much if it smelt too :D